5 Signees so far

vcu70

Elite Member
Well coach has got a heck of a recruiting class coming in fellows-still think Larry will stay? Not does he need to, does he stay?

Rememeber now, don't ask any questions about schollys or does the coach know what he's doing or is someone else gonna leave cause he knows what he is doing, period. Hush!

In (apparently):
Reddic
Veal
Haley
Brandenberg
McCarter

Out (IMO):
Sanders
Grayson
Gavin
Gwynn
Kirill

If all this comes to fruition, then this is how a serious mid-major roster should look (size, skill, class balance, athleticism, versatility/flexibility):

Plethora of decent-sized bigs (6'8" and up) - Haley, Reddic, Saintil, Skeen, Veal, (Hinton - walk-on)
Sizable mids (6'5" - 6'7"- ish) - McCarter, Burgess
Decent-sized guards (6'2" to 6'5" -ish) - Rozz, Nix, Brandenberg, Daniels, Theus
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One pint-sized - Rodriguez

rammed said:
gotta agree with the filthy post

That would seem to be the most likely scenario, but no way to know for sure at this point. It is a shame that Shaka can't sign bigs though.

vcu70 said:
Well coach has got a heck of a recruiting class coming in fellows-still think Larry will stay? Not does he need to, does he stay?

Rememeber now, don't ask any questions about schollys or does the coach know what he's doing or is someone else gonna leave cause he knows what he is doing, period. Hush!
pretty sure Larry is gone...no surprise there
as far as the available scholarships...players often leave teams for a variety of reasons...a coaching change often causes this...I am assuming Grayson may be one to leave...strictly based on external observations...playing time, players in front of him, size etc...Grayson may have made his intentions known and Smart acted accordingly filling the spot...I dont know so I am not going to judge or criticize the staff for forcing someone out if it happens... I dont see Smart as that type, I really don't. If I am wrong I will be surprised and somewhat disappointed. Thing is, we may never know.
Let's hope for the best for the kids and the program...in that order

I dont think we ever had a kid that flunked out. I mean is that even possible?

BaNgMyPrOgRaM said:

I'm pretty sure Sam Faulk was academically ineligible at the end of his career.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM said:

I know at least one of the preseason national magazines reported that was the reason Randy Corker didn't return for his last season of eligibility. Of course, don't know whether it was in fact the case.

My gut tells me that Toby will not be a Ram. I have absolutely nothing to back this up. But the reason I say this is that Shaka said he did not prefer JUCO players, which Toby is. Plus in a thread that Mista posted Toby talked as if he was still looking for a school to attend next year.

No way we turn down Juvonte, DJ, Rob or RECO. Now I could see a scenario where Larry could leave early, along with Gavin, KP and TJ and then someone like Grayson may not come back. Anyway time will tell. Makes for an interesting off season after we win the CBI of course.

Please, don't be so formal Call me "Chill." :D

getSmart said:
My gut tells me that Toby will not be a Ram. I have absolutely nothing to back this up. But the reason I say this is that Shaka said he did not prefer JUCO players, which Toby is. Plus in a thread that Mista posted Toby talked as if he was still looking for a school to attend next year.

i understand that Veal is not definite. This signing either reinforces that or reinforces Larry departure. We can deal with either situation.
Time will tell

I was under the impression that Grayson was really happy here , regardless of his PT. Anyone have any other idea?

Back