League A10 Basketball: news and discourse around the league

ramluvr99

Insider

Thought this thread was needed, and look Holmes is going to be even scarier next year.

Are you and DL related? Or is this another DL account?

I have always liked Dr. G. He really went off on a tangent with Tobi Lawal. He says that he heard all the stuff from the VCU staff. Interesting. Very interesting.
In this hour and a half, do you even nearly recall where they were talking about him? He's talking about Osunniyi and Hyland, and Ward. Not sure if I am listening to anything recent, here.

Last edited:
In this hour and a half, do you even nearly recall where they were talking about him? He's talking about Osunniyi and Hyland, and Ward. Not sure if I am listening to anything recent, here.
Because you need to look at the link and select the most recent podcast. Victorious linked an old podcast.

Here you go.....

Thought this thread was needed, and look Holmes is going to be even scarier next year.

This falls under the "standard angles" for sports stories. 1. Tiny but mighty (doing well despite being undersized) 2. Position transition (moving smoothly from one position to another and 3. Puttin' in on, takin' it off .... how athlete has improved their stock with dramatic weight loss or gain .... former Rams' coach Sonny Smith alternated back forth, wanting his team to add size ... or lose it. There is only so much muscle (I'd say about 10 pounds) that a grown man can put on in one year (minus chemical assistance) and maintain a similar waistline and agility.

This falls under the "standard angles" for sports stories. 1. Tiny but mighty (doing well despite being undersized) 2. Position transition (moving smoothly from one position to another and 3. Puttin' in on, takin' it off .... how athlete has improved their stock with dramatic weight loss or gain .... former Rams' coach Sonny Smith alternated back forth, wanting his team to add size ... or lose it. There is only so much muscle (I'd say about 10 pounds) that a grown man can put on in one year (minus chemical assistance) and maintain a similar waistline and agility.
It also seems to me that putting on that much weight that quickly, and then doing something as taxing on your body as basketball can be, may lead to increased chance of injury to the knees and ankles.

Back