Allen Payne - Visiting on 9/26 & VCU leads his recruiting

It would be my guess that that level of publicity - virtually all upbeat - would be difficult to attain in any other location.

Your point??????

bighorn said:
We can disagree to agree, 1/2 baked - but in Richmond the Times-Dispatch devoted 1,650 column inches to VCU hoops from November through March, counting game stories, previews, photos, notes, player features and other assorted items.

How does this compare to UR?

Allen Payne looks like he would be a great pick up at the SF. Aside from Burgress we have no one remotely close to playing the 3 after this year. So yes it would be nice to grab guys that are only 6'8+ but if we were to have a dominant 6'6 guy playing small forward it would be nice.

I still have my fingers crossed for Harris' visit to be a success though...we might never know if we get Payne or Lee first

Horn, if I understand your point correctly we should've signed a bunch of the top local talent during the 9 year run of Sonny Smith. Besides Kendrick did that happen (asking because I honestly don't know)?

Mercury said:
bighorn said:
We can disagree to agree, 1/2 baked - but in Richmond the Times-Dispatch devoted 1,650 column inches to VCU hoops from November through March, counting game stories, previews, photos, notes, player features and other assorted items.

How does this compare to UR?

Excellent question Merc. I too would like to know the answer.

I'll produce the answer tomorrow, guys - I have the stats at hand. Right now I've just returned from a night of softball and there are other things on my mind. I apologize for any inconvenience.

bighorn said:
I'll produce the answer tomorrow, guys - I have the stats at hand. Right now I've just returned from a night of softball and there are other things on my mind. I apologize for any inconvenience.

????

Mercury said:
bighorn said:

????

I wouldn't hold your breath.

bighorn said:

In honor of Allen Payne visiting this weekend can we get those stats? :lol:

or atleast if you won't give me the stats give us a post about how Allen Payne the baller has the same name as Allen Payne the actor

Mercury said:
bighorn said:

or atleast if you won't give me the stats give us a post about how Allen Payne the baller has the same name as Allen Payne the actor

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mercury said:
bighorn said:

I'd prefer the stats as well, but i'm assuming they're down right embarassing. So in lieu of those, I'd settle for a post tying Allen Payne to Major Payne.

major-payne.jpg

Back