Players Alphonzo Billups is a VCU Ram!

Hopefully Fats sees there are minutes available to earn like Belle has (although Sean being out surely impacted that).
Belle brings rebounding, defense and toughness, something we've been short of. Fats brings offense, which hasn't been our problem for the most part.

and Fats?
Per one of his recent pressers, Fats and Belle are fairly close. RO stated they are really both freshmen and do some freshmen things. He stated that we are at the point of the season where the games are really competitive (translates to shorter rotation and less room for in game mistakes). Belle is just getting the time now because honestly he is the better defender of the two and the one with the stronger body

That game is looking very much like an outlier now and like the Jimmy Clarke game last year, revenge was definitely a factor.
Wait, what? Jimmy "Trey" Clarke averaged 12.2 ppg, 4 rpg, 2.7 assists and started 33 games last year.

Dusquene moves the ball when he is the game. he brings energy on both sides of the ball...how can you even remotely put Fats in the same category?

What's more...Clarke, in his sophomore year during covid 20-21 was a disruptor on defense, in your jock on ball defender that combined with Keyshawn Curry gave second unit "teeth" in term our full out press..at least until he got dismissed.

Wait, what? Jimmy "Trey" Clarke averaged 12.2 ppg, 4 rpg, 2.7 assists and started 33 games last year.

Dusquene moves the ball when he is the game. he brings energy on both sides of the ball...how can you even remotely put Fats in the same category?

What's more...Clarke, in his sophomore year during covid 20-21 was a disruptor on defense, in your jock on ball defender that combined with Keyshawn Curry gave second unit "teeth" in term our full out press..at least until he got dismissed.
I think you clearly missed what I was saying. It was not a comparison of players in any capacity.

It was literally just Clarke had a huge game against us just as Fats has a huge game against MR. That's it.

Per one of his recent pressers, Fats and Belle are fairly close. RO stated they are really both freshmen and do some freshmen things. He stated that we are at the point of the season where the games are really competitive (translates to shorter rotation and less room for in game mistakes). Belle is just getting the time now because honestly he is the better defender of the two and the one with the stronger body
Belle also seems a bit more mature and isn't prone to getting stupid techs or having mental lapses on defense. It's one thing to get beat on defense due to a freshman mistake and another thing to get beat simply due to lack of focus.

I also hope some of these dudes take a look at the Troy Daniels story. Limited playing time years one and two. Gets his opportunity due to hard work years three and four. Seven year NBA career.

Okay

Duquesne.

Dusquene is one of the food halls at Mason

Fats seems so not involved mentally or physically. Gotta wonder what the deal is. I’m sure it’s been said that none of us (probably) are at practice or team meetings, but any bench clip rarely shows any excitement lately

If I’m Fats and I’m watching Nelson getting that many unproductive minutes I might be a little pissed

Seems like an attitude problem and his response to lack of playing time is not going over well. Might need to adjust his attitude he will be an essential piece of our team next year and beyond if he chooses the positive path.

He may choose the portal

That he may. Billups looks lost most times he’s on the court. If he doesn’t want to wait and develop then that’s his prerogative.

Who knows..... Depends on what happens this offseason. Sean & Kuany are the only 2 guaranteed to be gone as they're out of eligibility.

Who else leaves? Who all do we bring in? What's Fats thoughts? And what also could affect his decision is who all is in his ear telling him what he "should do"?

Unless something drastic changes between now and the end of the year.... if he were to transfer... I feel like it'd be to a lower mid major or a D2 school.... based on what he's done so far on the college level.

He's shown flashes of offense, but as others says, he's looked lost on defense. So I don't know how much people will come calling for him as far as high mid majors or P5s go.

Hopefully, he'll figure things out & have a successful career. It'd be cool if it was with us.

Back