Players Alphonzo Billups is a VCU Ram!

Certainly feels like he's the first person I'd think would transfer. He had some D1 offers but I take that more the Team Loaded Adidas connection than anything else. He just doesn't go hard enough and loses all focus. Its ashame cuz I know Ryan Odom would love to split him and Belle depending on the matchup (offense vs defense). I don't see him making a lateral transfer unless for a coach like Penny Hardaway that takes on kids that need more mental development than skill. Low major D1 more likely

Certainly feels like he's the first person I'd think would transfer. He had some D1 offers but I take that more the Team Loaded Adidas connection than anything else. He just doesn't go hard enough and loses all focus. Its ashame cuz I know Ryan Odom would love to split him and Belle depending on the matchup (offense vs defense). I don't see him making a lateral transfer unless for a coach like Penny Hardaway that takes on kids that need more mental development than skill. Low major D1 more likely
I disagree with the last part. Fats would be playing right now on many P5 or Big East teams. I do not like to type P6. Ha!

He's a freshman.

He's a freshman.
He is but he’s not.

Technically he is cause he got medical-redshirted last year after what…. 8 games or something? But at the same time that’s more games played and more practice time on the college level than a guy like True Freshman…. Michael Belle.

Now, there was a small stretch of games where Belle wasn’t playing very much, but recently Belle has been getting a decent playing time. And sure, he’s a freshman and there’s stuff he obviously needs to work on….. but why is Belle able to figure out and find a way to get on the court…. But Fats can’t?

That’s why people are having this discussion.

So if we’re gonna talk about someone being a “freshman” then let’s look at the other freshman who is a true freshman and is getting decent playing time, while Fats isn’t.

Every player on the team has stuff they “need to work on”…. Prime example, Zeb could use some work on finishing at the rim. Same for Bairstow as he seems to struggle in the paint when the defense collapses…. And they are seniors.

So let’s stop using the “he’s a freshman” excuse.

Right now Fats doesn't have the body to compete in the A-10. And he definitely doesn't have the body to compete at a P5 school. He needs to put on some weight and get stronger. He's 6'7" and 160 lbs. Belle is 6'7" and 215 lbs. Even Jason Nelson is 5'10" and 175 lbs. He just needs to "beef" up during the off season and improve his strength so he has the ability to play both solid offense and solid defense.

He is but he’s not.

Technically he is cause he got medical-redshirted last year after what…. 8 games or something? But at the same time that’s more games played and more practice time on the college level than a guy like True Freshman…. Michael Belle.

Now, there was a small stretch of games where Belle wasn’t playing very much, but recently Belle has been getting a decent playing time. And sure, he’s a freshman and there’s stuff he obviously needs to work on….. but why is Belle able to figure out and find a way to get on the court…. But Fats can’t?

That’s why people are having this discussion.

So if we’re gonna talk about someone being a “freshman” then let’s look at the other freshman who is a true freshman and is getting decent playing time, while Fats isn’t.

Every player on the team has stuff they “need to work on”…. Prime example, Zeb could use some work on finishing at the rim. Same for Bairstow as he seems to struggle in the paint when the defense collapses…. And they are seniors.

So let’s stop using the “he’s a freshman” excuse.

But he actually is a Freshman - you can pretend he’s not 🤣

I want Fatz to remain a Ram for his career. He was one of very few that hung with our program during the transition and was a vocal and passionate advocate for VCU.

His minutes will come if he puts in the work mentally and physically on the court and in the weight room. I’m pulling for him and believe he will do great things for us if he stays at VCU.

So there is a chance that we could have as much roster turnover as we did last off-season?

Back