Recruiting Armando Bacot:Closed

Programs like ours play with risky odds when it comes to recruiting. Coaches at VCUesque schools try to use all their senses to find that under the radar kid and then hope that the 2 or 3* turns into the next phenom. The only schools that bring in sure shot talent are the likes of Duke, Kentuky and UNC and that's why they are always in contention for the championship. Most of these 4* are high risk too.

So only one and dones are sure shot talent? UNC isn't known for one and done players btw. They have the #14 class in 2018, #19 in 2017 and didn't have a player selected in the NBA draft.

Programs like ours play with risky odds when it comes to recruiting. Coaches at VCUesque schools try to use all their senses to find that under the radar kid and then hope that the 2 or 3* turns into the next phenom. The only schools that bring in sure shot talent are the likes of Duke, Kentuky and UNC and that's why they are always in contention for the championship. Most of these 4* are high risk too.

In general, I agree. In this particular ccase, I think we may wasted an incredible opportunity.

We were in wahab's top 7 less than a month ago. For whatever reason, we decided not to put any additional effort into his recruitment. In the meantime, rhode island sends their entire coaching staff to watch him play the secone uaa session and the finals EVERY DAY put in Las Vegas.

According to adam ayalew, we only showed with one coach for the uaa finals.

If I had to choose, I would rather compete again't pitt (last in acc), lsu (frank), va tech, louisville (new coach), uri (a10 and new coach), UConn (new coach) for wahab then putting all our eggs in bacot (UNC and Duke).

Now, uri has an inside track on wahab. All because they put in the effort aND we just stopped almost altogether.

In general, I agree. In this particular ccase, I think we may wasted an incredible opportunity.

We were in wahab's top 7 less than a month ago. For whatever reason, we decided not to put any additional effort into his recruitment. In the meantime, rhode island sends their entire coaching staff to watch him play the secone uaa session and the finals EVERY DAY put in Las Vegas.

If I had to choose, I would rather compete again't pitt (last in acc), lsu (frank), va tech, louisville (new coach), uri (a10 and new coach), UConn (new coach) for wahab then putting all our eggs in bacot (UNC and Duke).

Now, uri has an inside track on wahab. All because they put in the effort aND we just stopped almost altogether.
He was just here, wasn't he? Has he produced a further cut list?

So only one and dones are sure shot talent? UNC isn't known for one and done players btw. They have the #14 class in 2018, #19 in 2017 and didn't have a player selected in the NBA draft.

True, the allure of UNC is those easy classes. :?

you can't say final cut lists mean absolutely nothing before a decision is made
That is EXACTLY what I'm saying. Heck people back paddled from their LOIs, what is a cut list?

Maybe a top 2 cut list means a slight bit.

One and done teams haven't had much success winning a national championship outside of that 2012 Kentucky team.
Didn't Duke win won with 2 or 3 one and dones leading the way a few years ago? I lose track. But I think both of those teams, Kentucky and Duke also had good senior leadership. That combination seemed to work for them.
Prediction: if Kentucky doesn't win another one soon, Calipari will be gone. Those folks don't care so much about sending bunches of guys to the NBA as they do national championship banners hanging from the rafters.

URI is also a better program of late. Despite that, they're just wasting resources on him. He is behind the hype and the big conference names.

Didn't Duke win won with 2 or 3 one and dones leading the way a few years ago? I lose track. But I think both of those teams, Kentucky and Duke also had good senior leadership. That combination seemed to work for them.
Prediction: if Kentucky doesn't win another one soon, Calipari will be gone. Those folks don't care so much about sending bunches of guys to the NBA as they do national championship banners hanging from the rafters.

They had 3 in 2015. But 2 out of however many years this has been going on isn't a lot. Veteran teams usually make the best runs to a title.

One and done teams haven't had much success winning a national championship outside of that 2012 Kentucky team.
2015 Duke

The one and done teams are often always in the hunt. Which team wouldn't take the top players if they could?

They had 3 in 2015. But 2 out of however many years this has been going on isn't a lot. Veteran teams usually make the best runs to a title.
There are probably 345 veteran dependent teams and 5 one and done teams. Those 5 teams are always in the hunt. It's one way to always stay near the top. Nothing wrong with it. It is literally the best talent in the market.

Donovan.

True, but Cal does not care about winning NC's, his #1 focus is to get his players to the NBA if he just happens to win a NC, that's icing on the cake. Surprised that UK supporters have put up with it for this long but I guess they would be hard pressed to find a coach that brings the attention to the program that Cal does. They had a great coach in Tubby and ran him off.

They would be nuts to get rid of him. How many NC's per 10 years do they think they are entitled too? It will be interesting to see how Cal competes with Penny over the next few years for recruits.

Back