Around. The. Horns.

some nice quotes from larry and coach

Larry Sanders said:
My energy level was kind of low. I’ve been kind of drained from this past week, but just seeing him come out and perform like that, that made me hype.
“Terrance is a guy who never ceases to amaze me,” Smart said. “My initial thought going into the game was, maybe we could get something out of him, maybe not, because it didn’t seem like he was 100 percent. He looked 100 percent to me [tonight]. He looked better than he’s ever been. He gave us an energy boost exactly when we needed it…Terrance was as critical to us winning that game as anybody.
 
We have a lot for which to thankful with this win, but Terrance has to be at the top of the list. Gosh, is he going to make his presence known!
 
Without looking up the stats I am pretty sure that T was our worst free throw shooter last year. He was 3 of 3 from the line tonight at a time when we needed every point we could get. That steal was very impressive as well. If this is how he plays coming off of an injury watch out CAA!
 
For me, it's hard to predict what T is going to do from a stat sheet perspective. One thing there's no doubt about, though, is he consistently brings a physical presence that we need.
 
Post game interview Coach Smart said something like "it's a it like Christmas - we get a new player each game over the next two - I wish we could keep that trend up through conference play".

Classic line. I prefer to think about the team this year like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates - in terms of who will rise to carry the team "you nevah know whatcha gonna get."

This is already an exciting year to say the least, and it seems we have the potential for it to only get better!
 
Smart and the coaching staff couldn't have picked better times to put T in the game. He offered the spark the team needed and looked comfortable against the zone. He was very physical on the ball on defense, without being out of control, (except for that one foul when he tried to tackle a spider player) he was even swatting at balls in attempt to get steals. Very fundamentally sound game for Terrance. And the dude is jacked (I told some spider fans he was a sophomore, and their mouths dropped) What a man!
 
vcubanana said:
Smart and the coaching staff couldn't have picked better times to put T in the game. He offered the spark the team needed and looked comfortable against the zone. He was very physical on the ball on defense, without being out of control, (except for that one foul when he tried to tackle a spider player) he was even swatting at balls in attempt to get steals. Very fundamentally sound game for Terrance. And the dude is jacked (I told some spider fans he was a sophomore, and their mouths dropped) What a man!

6'8, 240 pounds of pure muscle and heart. Ram Tough.
 
Great story by Chris K about our own FMRick

http://vcuathletics.tv/ramnote/ath-the-streak-0210.php
For now, the streak chugs ahead. Over the years, a number of people have made an appearance and hitched a ride on the Childers Express. If you’re every lucky enough to be one of them, it’s best to know the ground rules.

“If you’re traveling with Rick,” Shepherd says. “Don’t be drinking a whole lot of coffee before you leave, because he’s not stopping.”

Not anytime soon, anyway.
 
Pavarotti said:
Great story by Chris K about our own FMRick

http://vcuathletics.tv/ramnote/ath-the-streak-0210.php
For now, the streak chugs ahead. Over the years, a number of people have made an appearance and hitched a ride on the Childers Express. If you’re every lucky enough to be one of them, it’s best to know the ground rules.

“If you’re traveling with Rick,” Shepherd says. “Don’t be drinking a whole lot of coffee before you leave, because he’s not stopping.”

Not anytime soon, anyway.

This story was also in the program at the VCU/ODU game last week. Chris did a great job!
 
vcuyvon said:
Pavarotti said:
Great story by Chris K about our own FMRick

http://vcuathletics.tv/ramnote/ath-the-streak-0210.php
For now, the streak chugs ahead. Over the years, a number of people have made an appearance and hitched a ride on the Childers Express. If you’re every lucky enough to be one of them, it’s best to know the ground rules.

“If you’re traveling with Rick,” Shepherd says. “Don’t be drinking a whole lot of coffee before you leave, because he’s not stopping.”

Not anytime soon, anyway.

This story was also in the program at the VCU/ODU game last week. Chris did a great job!

My favorite part was always: "we're going to meet (here) and (at this time). Your car will be fine." That's all I ever had to worry about.

I've always thought that it isn't ever about the streak. It's about trees in the road, that specific 7-11 where we can get in and out quickly, and Jesse Pellot Rosa with a stickback to beat LaSalle.

Family indeed. Hook called me out of the blue in October about something, and it meant a lot to me.
 
Ram it home said:
how fitting.....right before we play at JMU!

FREE RICK!


Should we start taking a collection for his bail now? I heard they make bail higher for people who hit babies and grab nutsacks, so I guess that means DB should stay away from that game too...
 
Back
Top