at large possibilities/warren nolan

Warren Nolan's laatest bracket projection is up and we are in the last 4 out for an at large...the CAA has 2 teams in...W&M gets an at large..the at large pool this year is very mediocre. Both the PAC 10 and SEC are having poor years. There will probably be no team from the SEC west to make the tourney. Had we won both games last week, we would definitely be in the tourney if it started this week...i know you may find this hard to believe but that's how bad the pool of at large teams is this year.

link: http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2010/projection/

the CAA will get 2 teams in the tourney unless W&M just nose dives the rest of the way. right now ODU is virtually a lock for an at large bid. Its not inconceivable that 3 teams could get in if Northeastern wins the tourney and both ODU and W&M at least make the semi finals and one makes the final. a win by W&M tomorrow at mason would greatly enhance their at large chances.

Right now, we'd be on the outside looking in, if the selection was today. Sorry but we don't deserve and at-large at this moment. However, we won't need to worry when we win the CAA Tournament!

Can't win on the road, can't get into the tourny. Seriously, a 5-6 record away from home is less than stellar, especially when the best win away is RPI 155 Hofstra... must win the conference tourny, which is very much in the realm of possibility...

I don't see any scenario happening where we get an at large at this point.

Yeah, even if our RPI is boarder line I think the conference standing and road record are enough to quickly eliminate us from consideration. Much more fun to just win the tourney any way.

how can anyone be even mentioning at-large? We are 6th in the CAA. Even in BCS conferences, 6th place teams usually don't dance.

wavevcu said:
Warren Nolan's laatest bracket projection is up and we are in the last 4 out for an at large...the CAA has 2 teams in...W&M gets an at large..the at large pool this year is very mediocre. Both the PAC 10 and SEC are having poor years. There will probably be no team from the SEC west to make the tourney. Had we won both games last week, we would definitely be in the tourney if it started this week...i know you may find this hard to believe but that's how bad the pool of at large teams is this year.

link: http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2010/projection/

the CAA will get 2 teams in the tourney unless W&M just nose dives the rest of the way. right now ODU is virtually a lock for an at large bid. Its not inconceivable that 3 teams could get in if Northeastern wins the tourney and both ODU and W&M at least make the semi finals and one makes the final. a win by W&M tomorrow at mason would greatly enhance their at large chances.

This is silly. Not a chance, at this point, unfortunately.

VCU4LIFE said:
If we get 3 teams in and VCU is NOT one of them, I don't give a rat's @$$!

This, if VCU isn't in the tournament who cares how many CAA teams get in and how well they do

Warren Nolan is on drugs. There is no way that the CAA gets 3 teams in. Maybe two - - and I don't believe ODU is an at-large lock either. A couple of losses, or an early tourney exit and they are squarely on the bubble as well.

An at-large means you lost.

I only wanna go dancing with rings.

Warren Nolan predicted 64 of the 65 teams that would make the tournament last year...so if he is on drugs. then the drugs are working...this guy has been around a long time and he does this full time..this is his job and he does the bracket and rpi all season not just in jan and feb like most others.

wavevcu said:
Warren Nolan predicted 64 of the 65 teams that would make the tournament last year...so if he is on drugs. then the drugs are working...this guy has been around a long time and he does this full time..this is his job and he does the bracket and rpi all season not just in jan and feb like most others.
You're right, but this team has a lot to do to get what they want come March, and there's a lot of time until his final bracket prediction.

Back