ATH: Larry Sanders interview

Great work as always Chris.

We're gonna miss you Larry. You and the fans had a unbelievable dynamic in a way that few VCU players have had. Eric was more cerebral but you played with your emotions on your sleeve and fans waited on and lived for every fist pump, every wagged finger, every primal scream, thunderous block and monstrous dunk. You were the man in the hearts of Ram fans. No one can replace you. We'll be talking about you a long time after you're gone from the NBA. Make sure you come back and visit because you will be greeted with that 'Larry Sanders, CLAP! CLAP! CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP! cheer that you have come to embrace over the past 3 years.

He'll probably go around the spot that the Thunder has a pick - - it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that he could end up there. You have to think that Maynor will lobby for him as much as a rookie can!

Rambunctious said:
He'll probably go around the spot that the Thunder has a pick - - it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that he could end up there. You have to think that Maynor will lobby for him as much as a rookie can!

Why would Amazing want Larry when he has has Kevin? Is this just wishful thinking?

Why would the Thunder have needed Maynor when they had Westbrook? Teams need to have more than 5 players to compete. The Thunder don't have anyone who is a serious defensive presence - - they can't afford for Durant to be that player. Larry is likely to play a niche, backup role, just like Maynor...but you are right that it's a long shot that he'll end up in OKC.

Serge Ibaka is a really good young defensive player. Larry reminds me of him when I watch the Thunder play and I watch a lot of Thunder games.

Rambunctious said:
The Thunder don't have anyone who is a serious defensive presence - - they can't afford for Durant to be that player.
huh? dude all the Thunder do is play defense. That is what they are known for these days. Everyone watches Durant score and then get back and play D. They are one of the better defensive teams in the league.

RustyShackleford said:
Serge Ibaka is a really good young defensive player. Larry reminds me of him when I watch the Thunder play and I watch a lot of Thunder games.

Why would you want Larry when you got this guy?

Ibaka is only 20, I think...and can do a lot of the same things Larry can do, but has a motor and can consistently hit a 15' jumper. He'll be starting for the Thunder, IMO, within a year.

vcu_dan said:
Rambunctious said:
The Thunder don't have anyone who is a serious defensive presence - - they can't afford for Durant to be that player.
huh? dude all the Thunder do is play defense. That is what they are known for these days. Everyone watches Durant score and then get back and play D. They are one of the better defensive teams in the league.

They have the 4th best defense in the Western Confrence this year.

I don't pay much attention to the NBA, but haven't seen Ibaka do much when I have watched the Thunder play. It's a big cash grab so I doubt Larry worries too much about where he ends up as long as he goes in the 1st round. I will say that him going early is a real crap shoot IMO. He might get his $ in that first contract, but he's no where close to the average NBA skill and refinement level. Hopefully some one will stick with him for a few years as he develops.

Back