League Atlantic-10 & New York City

TAEKWONDO

Elite Member
Based on the current police hating politics going on in New York City it is time to move the men's basketball tournament out of New York City. The city crime rate is exploding, and it rapidly becoming an unsafe place to visit. One of the most major concerns for A-10 athletic directors, conference commissioner, should be the safety, and welfare of their fans, and New York City is not safe! No city who does respect their men, and women in blue should receive any Atlantic 10 function.

Based on the current police hating politics going on in New York City it is time to move the men's basketball tournament out of New York City. The city crime rate is exploding, and it rapidly becoming an unsafe place to visit. One of the most major concerns for A-10 athletic directors, conference commissioner, should be the safety, and welfare of their fans, and New York City is not safe! No city who does respect their men, and women in blue should receive any Atlantic 10 function.
Please take your political opinions and crawl back under the rock you came out from. This is a basketball forum. Thank you

This post is so ignorant. First, crime in NYC is at half the level it was in 2000, and about 8 times less than it was in the 1980's.

More importantly, there isn't 'police hating politics going on in New York City'. There's been a nationwide recognition of the systemic biases African Americans encounter when dealing with law enforcement.

Finally, your entire post is just utterly out-of-place in the context of college basketball, where the vast majority of the players are African American. I suspect not only can many college basketball players share similar experiences with law enforcement, many of them probably are strong advocates of the movement. If you are that adamant about not wanting to be associated with 'police hating politics', I'd seriously suggest you reconsider following sports, let alone VCU and college basketball.

It's hard to tell if this is an attempt for serious discussion or a troll attempt to see if this thread is moved/locked after MattRock allowed the other thread to stay.

I'm guessing the latter.

It's hard to tell if this is an attempt for serious discussion or a troll attempt to see if this thread is moved/locked after MattRock allowed the other thread to stay.

I'm guessing the latter.

I think you're right. Since it's league related, this belongs in "Around The League".

Back