Attendance

ViCtorioUs

Elite Member
Insider
Through six home games this year the total number of fans attending is 39,977 for an average of 6663 per game. Not only do we lead the CAA in attendance, but the crowds have been more lusty and energetic as any I've witnessed in my 40 years of Ram fandom. Along with the band, the dance team and the cheerleaders is it any wonder that the SC gives such a lift to our team and is so formidable to our opponents?

Our atmosphere isn't smoke and mirrors. And we don't have to pad the numbers. 8-)

Simply great turnouts from the students, alumni, and fans. The year after we beat Duke we averaged about 6,300. This year has shown unprecedented interest and enthusiasm for our Rams. It's great to see and we can only hope it continues throughout the season! The Siegel Center continues to have the best gameday atmosphere in the CAA.

mrCAA said:
Exciting times!

Agreed. When you have 7,124 people show up for a December 29th game with no students on campus, that's unbelievable.

Imagine the buzz if we make noise this March and Larry comes back with the rest of the team next year? :shock: We may be close to selling out every home game! 8-)

districtballer said:
mrCAA said:
Exciting times!

Agreed. When you have 7,124 people show up for a December 29th game with no students on campus, that's unbelievable.

Imagine the buzz if we make noise this March and Larry comes back with the rest of the team next year? :shock: We may be close to selling out every home game! 8-)

If Larry comes back and this team matures as fast as they have been, we will have a potentially ranked team next season - no doubt every game will be sold out.

Great stuff. Everyone reading this take a sec to pat yourself on the back. I think we still have at least 3-4 sellouts left in us this year, and hopefully healthy attendance from here til the end. Get your tickets early folks. Things should get right lively when the students are back in town.

Yeah, the home schedule definitely helps...although I'm still not sure Nevada and Rhode Island do a ton to attract the casual basketball fan (not a knock on them, they are great programs...just not huge names around here).

I was pretty shocked by the turnout last night. Hopefully we'll see more of the same Saturday night in CAA play against UNCW

Great turnout last night, but you could tell it wasn't the normal crowd - - was very quiet until the very end.

Rambunctious said:
Great turnout last night, but you could tell it wasn't the normal crowd - - was very quiet until the very end.

This. It was very dead until we made that 19-5 run to win the game. A significant number of people in the student section were guest tickets with people bringing their friends from other schools during the break. More students should be returning this weekend, so hopefully that changes a bit. Either way, just awesome attendance so far!

Rambunctious said:
Great turnout last night, but you could tell it wasn't the normal TEAM - was very quiet until the very end.

Fixed it for ya.

districtballer said:
Rambunctious said:

This. It was very dead until we made that 19-5 run to win the game. A significant number of people in the student section were guest tickets with people bringing their friends from other schools during the break. More students should be returning this weekend, so hopefully that changes a bit. Either way, just awesome attendance so far!

More students should be returning this weekend? When does 2nd semester start??

Classes start up on the 4th for the MCV Campus. Not sure about the Monroe Park Campus however.

Oh geez, I guess MCV students are getting the short-end of the stick. Monroe Park gets 'til the 19th until their classes begin. :?

was there really 7,100 there last night? It just didn't seem that full in there. And you guys are right I was in the student section and it was a bit weak until the end.

Back