Attendance

I was on the elevator in the parking deck with some ECU alumni and they were amazed at the attendance. They wanted to know if all the home games was like this.... I just smiled and said "ABSOLUTELY" She just smiled and said "WOWWWWW that's AWESOME!" :D

The attendance was no doubt increased by all of the freebies and discounted ticks (VA Lottery, Press Pass, student guests promo, etc.). I imagine that this will be the case through the break and even on some weeknight games against our lesser conference foes. Good job of marketing by VCU.

However, seeing all of these deals somewhat de-values paid season tickets in my mind. I wonder if I only bought the package for the "big" games next year...how much could I save by taking advantage of these offers for the other games?

The funny thing about it with the promos...it doesn't seem as UR as nearly as much success doing the same. Gotta love it! VCU has gotten a good rep for being a great atmosphere and game experience for even the casual fans.

I know this may sound cheap, but is there a discount promo code for the UNCW game like they had for ECU? I'm making the trip from Greensboro for my 2nd game of the year.

greg3434 said:
I know this may sound cheap, but is there a discount promo code for the UNCW game like they had for ECU? I'm making the trip from Greensboro for my 2nd game of the year.

Not sure about the student/guest promotion but from the 2009-2010 Promotional Schedule:

Jan 2 vs UNC Wilmington

1)Valpak Buy One Ticket Get One Free when presenting valpak coupon to VCU ticket office

2)Times Dispatch Press Pass Buy One Ticket Get One Free when presenting T-D Press Pass coupon to VCU Ticket Office

3)Ukrop's Valued Customer Card Buy One Ticket Get One Free when presenting Ukrop's Valued Customer Card to VCU Ticket Office

4)Virginia Lottery Ticket Exchange

NOTE: Same promotions for the Jan. 9 Delaware Game

Blackmagic804 said:
I was on the elevator in the parking deck with some ECU alumni and they were amazed at the attendance. They wanted to know if all the home games was like this.... I just smiled and said "ABSOLUTELY" She just smiled and said "WOWWWWW that's AWESOME!" :D

haha - that's great

greg3434 said:

The code for that promo is Hoops, but you are better off bringing a non winning lotto ticket and turning it in for a freebie.

Thanks for the info and advice Finance. That'll save me some money to buy a shirt at the bookstore.

There are about 48 people watching the WM/Maryland game.

Pavarotti said:

They should have played at mulligans instead. they'd have a larger crowd.

oh well, at least it's in HD.

Pavarotti said:

That's about 40 more than are attending the Mason-Radford game in Christiansburg.

ViCtorioUs said:
Pavarotti said:

That's about 40 more than are attending the Mason-Radford game in Christiansburg.

On a side note, wow Mason, way to represent. Down 20-18 with 6 minutes to go in the first.

darn, reading all this makes me miss ric even more. depaul and northwestern just don't cut it for me up here. heck, nu is ranked for the first time in 40 years and nobody here even cares, including my fiancee who went there.

great to hear about the attendance. wish i could be part of it. so life goes.

It was definitely packed...On the lottery thing, I had to wait outside for a friend and this scalper kept trying to get me to redeem lottery tickets for free tickets for him to sell, eventually pretended to be talking on the phone for him to leave me alone...

Back