Award for VCU Dining Facilities

wow. good for them. hard to believe, but good for them. looks like they've come a long way since the days of the quivering anus.

i wonder if kids still eat pizza, mashed potatoes, and soap-infused pepsi every day like i used to?

Just another example of what makes this a great university. We have so much of which to be proud.

Saturday night "Steak and Shrimp" at Hibbs in the early 70s, as most everyone went home for the weekend or lived in Richmond and commuted, so they would have a special meal on Saturday nights for the few students that lived there full time. No seconds for that.

The Temple was an experience all its own as a dining choice. :shock:

Yeah, I remember the Steak and Shrimp Saturdays when I was a freshman, but it was over at MCV (Bear Hall). You had to have a ticket (no seconds), but you could always find another one from one of the salad eaters. The food was a little better over at MCV.

VRam said:
Yeah, I remember the Steak and Shrimp Saturdays when I was a freshman, but it was over at MCV (Bear Hall). You had to have a ticket (no seconds), but you could always find another one from one of the salad eaters. The food was a little better over at MCV.

While I enjoyed my dining at Shafer I will agree that the food was better at the MCV cafeteria

VRam said:

They still had that in the early 90's... and yes, the rumor of better food at MCV was passed down over the years. You know, the food really is better at MCV. I don't know if it's the atmosphere in which food is perceived to taste better or what, but it was always a treat to take the shuttle bus downtown and eat.

Its been a while since I have walked the campus. Didn't they modernize the Hibbs building? What did they do to the cafeteria space and the old bookstore that was below it?

Back