Boise State football and VCU basketball

Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Posts
614
Likes
664
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/320463-we-the-media-have-euthanized-a-bronco

Here's an interesting article about the problems with the current college football system
What we are now beginning to realize is this is the BCS system’s fault too; and it’s not because Boise State won’t play anyone. It’s that no one will play Boise State.


Does anyone know why Chris Peterson continues to stay with Boise State? I think it is so awesome for a coach to actually want to build a program up rather than being part of some awe-inspiring "tradition." A great read to apply to VCU and the CAA basketball conference
 
woah, the college football team I root for and the college basketball team I root for in the same thread... EPIC!!!
Even if we get football, I will root for BSU since they're big league football.
 
haha YEA! I love Boise State. I love how their the little guy who keeps knocking down the titans. I love their creativity. I love how their coach wants to build Boise State from the ground up. They are everything I want for VCU football.
 
IbleedVCU said:
haha YEA! I love Boise State. I love how their the little guy who keeps knocking down the titans. I love their creativity. I love how their coach wants to build Boise State from the ground up. They are everything I want for VCU football.
Yeah, if we could get to FBS I'd root like heck for us. FCS isn't worth my time though.
 
IbleedVCU said:
Does anyone know why Chris Peterson continues to stay with Boise State? I think it is so awesome for a coach to actually want to build a program up rather than being part of some awe-inspiring "tradition."

I think he is already a part of something awe inspiring.

Huge Boise State fan. Is there any way we can adopt them and get them to play one game a season in Richmond? I'll even help paint the field blue.
 
IbleedVCU said:
haha YEA! I love Boise State. I love how their the little guy who keeps knocking down the Cowboys/Redskins/Whoever else you might root for. I love their creativity. I love how their coach wants to build Boise State from the ground up. They are everything I want for VCU football.
Fixed it for you! Noone beats the Titans!
 
BOOMShakalaka said:
IbleedVCU said:
haha YEA! I love Boise State. I love how their the little guy who keeps knocking down the titans. I love their creativity. I love how their coach wants to build Boise State from the ground up. They are everything I want for VCU football.
Yeah, if we could get to FBS I'd root like heck for us. FCS isn't worth my time though.


Well you would have to have an FCS team and have people come out and root for it in order to have an FBS team
 
Mercury said:
BOOMShakalaka said:
IbleedVCU said:
haha YEA! I love Boise State. I love how their the little guy who keeps knocking down the titans. I love their creativity. I love how their coach wants to build Boise State from the ground up. They are everything I want for VCU football.
Yeah, if we could get to FBS I'd root like heck for us. FCS isn't worth my time though.


Well you would have to have an FCS team and have people come out and root for it in order to have an FBS team
How's that working out for NU and HU?
 
BOOMShakalaka said:
Well you would have to have an FCS team and have people come out and root for it in order to have an FBS team
How's that working out for NU and HU?[/quote]


How did it work for Marshall? UCONN WKU
 
Mercury said:
BOOMShakalaka said:
Well you would have to have an FCS team and have people come out and root for it in order to have an FBS team
How's that working out for NU and HU?


How did it work for Marshall? UCONN WKU[/quote]
because getting examples outside of the CAA makes sense when two of our own collapsed...
 
Swiss, while I'm not in favor of football, I'd say we have as much in common with WKU (former Sun Belt rival, public school), and UCONN (28k+ students, public school), than Hofstra and Northeastern (both private schools, though urban like us).

All are relevant to the never-ending, WTF are we still talking about this debate of Football at VCU.
 
BOOMShakalaka said:
Mercury said:
BOOMShakalaka said:
Well you would have to have an FCS team and have people come out and root for it in order to have an FBS team
How's that working out for NU and HU?


How did it work for Marshall? UCONN WKU
because getting examples outside of the CAA makes sense when two of our own collapsed...[/quote]

Like Pav said we don't have much in common with either school

Neither school had serious interest or dedication to put money there.

We know you hate it but atleast provide something realistic
 
I hope Boise State is ranked second in the country next year in the preseason, so that they can go undefeated and play in the national championship for once where they belong.
 
DCRAM said:
I hope Boise State is ranked second in the country next year in the preseason, so that they can go undefeated and play in the national championship for once where they belong.

I would like that!
 
Back
Top