Bones Hyland - NBA Thread

I don’t think he’s ready for the NBA. Probably hoping for a big signing bonus, and then off to Europe. If he does well there, he could maybe then land on an NBA roster and sit on the bench.
Best of luck to him!
While you have every right to think he is not ready for the NBA, the remainder of your comments are absurd. There is no such thing as a “big signing bonus” and off to Europe. You either get a contract or you don’t...and I can assure you Bones does not plan on playing in Europe or coming back only to sit on the bench in the NBA. Only time will tell where his path lies and your “Best of luck to him” is about as disingenuous a comment as I have seen in days.

It’s a shame he didn’t call you before he made his decision.
It’s my OPINION. Is that not allowed on this message board? Just because I’m not fawning all over the guy thinking he’s the next Steph Curry, you idiots are in attack mode.
This board can be so frustrating. You need to remove your black and gold glasses at times.

It’s my OPINION. Is that not allowed on this message board? Just because I’m not fawning all over the guy thinking he’s the next Steph Curry, you idiots are in attack mode.
This board can be so frustrating. You need to remove your black and gold glasses at times.
You are entitled to your own opinion and I’m entitled to remind you that your opinion means nothing regarding whether a 20 year old should declare for the draft or not.

I don’t think he’s the next Steph, but I’m also smart enough to realize that Bones lives in a completely different world than I do and nothing I think or say will matter.

Bones still could come back but the way his post is worded does not make that sound like an option.
Yes - he said “with the intent to sign an agent”.

There’s no guarantee, but it does sound like he’s heading off to the pro level.

I just watched the pelicans and knicks play. Believe me, Bones will do fine. In fact, I would like to see Baylor play either one of those teams. They suck big time. The knicks had a player about the size of Bones only he couldn’t shoot as good or as far. Zion had 30 some odd points and his team still lost. He was so out of breath they needed to roll out a breathing machine for him. The pelicans are trying him out as a point guard. He needs to drop a few lbs. I think Bones is going to kick arse in the NBA when he gets comfortable. Honestly😉he already has the confidence. 😉

Those might be poor NBA teams, but they’d beat Baylor into the ground.

Bones can be a good NBA player, but he’s going to have to continue to develop quite a bit. And playing 82 games a year plus preseason games and possibly postseason games against grown men is tiring. He’ll need to keep getting stronger.

I just watched the pelicans and knicks play. Believe me, Bones will do fine. In fact, I would like to see Baylor play either one of those teams. They suck big time. The knicks had a player about the size of Bones only he couldn’t shoot as good or as far. Zion had 30 some odd points and his team still lost. He was so out of breath they needed to roll out a breathing machine for him. The pelicans are trying him out as a point guard. He needs to drop a few lbs. I think Bones is going to kick arse in the NBA when he gets comfortable. Honestly😉he already has the confidence. 😉
I saw the OT of that game and thought the same. Not a lot of defense on the perimeter. I can see Bones getting a lot of good looks from 3

Yes - he said “with the intent to sign an agent”.

There’s no guarantee, but it does sound like he’s heading off to the pro level.

But if you read the document, it makes it clear, you can sign with an agent and STILL come back. Just depends on what happens.

But if you read the document, it makes it clear, you can sign with an agent and STILL come back. Just depends on what happens.
There’s currently no scholarship available for him to come back to.

Back