Bones Hyland - NBA Thread

Yeah they're gonna need all the help they can get from Bam, Martin, and Kevin Love if he's able to play.... as well as Butler to try & slow down Jokic.

But in my opinion.... Jokic is gonna get his points, don't double him too much.... but worry more about making sure guys like Murray, MPJ & Gordon don't go off. And if Jokic beats you to the basket... let him go, don't get your self in foul trouble & compound the issue.

There's a chance the Heat get Herro back for Game 3 which would give us another weapon... but of course he'll be rusty..... if we can somehow steal 1 in Denver, that would be huge.
Playoff Jimmy will be there. Bet they take on in Ball Arena.

Yeah but we'll need more than just Jimmy. We're gonna need Caleb Martin to keep shooting & ballin the way he is.... we need the veterans with championship experience in Lowry & Love to step up.... and we need Bam to step up.

Bam lately has been frustrating to watch lately because he doesn't finish strong at the rim like he should. And now he's gonna have guys like Jokic, Gordon & MPJ possibly guarding him. He's gonna have to finish strong at the rim, if we wanna win.

No way. Denver is gonna crush them. They're better at four of five positions, have the best player overall, don't have an injured starter, and are rested/don't have to acclimate to the altitude. Obviously anything can happen, and Spo can coach rings around Malone, but if Denver stays healthy I think it's a gentleman's sweep.

No way. Denver is gonna crush them. They're better at four of five positions, have the best player overall, don't have an injured starter, and are rested/don't have to acclimate to the altitude. Obviously anything can happen, and Spo can coach rings around Malone, but if Denver stays healthy I think it's a gentleman's sweep.
To quote GTA....wrong!

I agree that Spo's coaching ability and Malones lack there of will be the reason its not a Denver sweep

Will be interesting to see if the layoff affects Denver at all. For some teams the layoff is good, cause it gives them a chance to get players back, lets players rest up... etc.

However, when you're a team like Denver, who doesn't have any key injuries, and has been just mowing down opponents.... could the 9-10 days of rest possibly cool them off.... where as Miami, while not nearly as rested as Denver, because they've been playing, might be more in a rhythm.

Obviously there's plusses & minuses to both sides of the coin.... will be interesting to see how things play out in this series.

Yeah but we'll need more than just Jimmy. We're gonna need Caleb Martin to keep shooting & ballin the way he is.... we need the veterans with championship experience in Lowry & Love to step up.... and we need Bam to step up.

Bam lately has been frustrating to watch lately because he doesn't finish strong at the rim like he should. And now he's gonna have guys like Jokic, Gordon & MPJ possibly guarding him. He's gonna have to finish strong at the rim, if we wanna win.
True. Martin is interesting. His twin brother tended to get more publicity when they both decided to go to play for Musselman at Nevada. Both are fine players. He will need to step up but most of the players not named Jimmy have done so since the play in games.

Witnessing absolute greatness. There is just no answer for this guy, no matter how well a coach game plans.

Demver finally found the right rotation around him, then Murray got hot in the playoffs. Unbeatable.

Spo knew. Let Jokic get his. One thing I know is that Spo will out coach Malone. You will never hear Spo talking about lack of effort by his team in the finals. Malone went there last night. It was not lack of effort on Denver's part. It was a lack of in-game adjustments.
Yup & the Heat were hitting shots & getting to the FT line last night which they did not do in Game 1. Between that & the adjustments that Spo made.... thats why the Heat got the W last night!

Spo knew. Let Jokic get his. One thing I know is that Spo will out coach Malone. You will never hear Spo talking about lack of effort by his team in the finals. Malone went there last night. It was not lack of effort on Denver's part. It was a lack of in-game adjustments.
Eh, maybe.

Coaching in the NBA is just so overrated in general. Paul Westhead won a title. Some clown named Nick Nurse rode Leonard to a title. Phil Jackson almost always had the best players in the league when he won. It’s all about managing personalities, which Jackson did very well.

Spoelstra seems like a pretty good coach who gets his guys to play hard, but he’s not making much of a difference when it comes to Xs and Os. It might get his team to game 6 best case.

Back