Bones Hyland - NBA Thread

Pretty much although at one point in the season they were rolling.

Since Ham was fired the media has been mentioning Lue and how the Clippers need to give him a raise. In a do or die game when he decided to play 7 heavy minutes he excluded Westbrook and inserted Tucker and Powell. I do not quite get the Mann love either but I have a hard time watching that team. It will be interesting to watch what happens to that team in the offseason.

Ty Lue and Doc Rivers have been finessing these teams for too long.

They were down 20 with less than 5 minutes to go. You’ve got Bones on the bench who can put up points in a hurry and you’ve got nothing to lose. Instead we have to watch a classic Jim Harden stinker.

They were down 20 with less than 5 minutes to go. You’ve got Bones on the bench who can put up points in a hurry and you’ve got nothing to lose. Instead we have to watch a classic Jim Harden stinker.
no doubt watching Harden pounding the dribble near mid court is not what I enjoy about watching the NBA game - but the clips knew what they were getting when they acquired him - a player that needs the ball in his hand 75% of the time on O - also only cost them $38 mil (LOL)

pretty much the same with Westbrook too for him to be successful since he shoots from deep like Wheeler does (poorly) and teams will give him the open 3 till the cows come in (though westy only cost under $5 mil )

Bones had NO role with the Clips once Harden was acquired and Mann returned to the starting lineup in winter and they kept Westbrook

best thing that could happen to Bones is Clips decide to rebuild and Bones gets opportunity for 20-30 minutes of run while they rebuild -

IMO, paying big bucks to ageing former superstars ain't a good sustainable model to compete for Championships - especially ones that have injury histories

no doubt watching Harden pounding the dribble near mid court is not what I enjoy about watching the NBA game - but the clips knew what they were getting when they acquired him - a player that needs the ball in his hand 75% of the time on O - also only cost them $38 mil (LOL)

pretty much the same with Westbrook too for him to be successful since he shoots from deep like Wheeler does (poorly) and teams will give him the open 3 till the cows come in (though westy only cost under $5 mil )

Bones had NO role with the Clips once Harden was acquired and Mann returned to the starting lineup in winter and they kept Westbrook

best thing that could happen to Bones is Clips decide to rebuild and Bones gets opportunity for 20-30 minutes of run while they rebuild -

IMO, paying big bucks to ageing former superstars ain't a good sustainable model to compete for Championships - especially ones that have injury histories
I agree and while Harden is an all-time talent, I’ve been saying for years that his style of play isn’t conducive to winning it all. It wasn’t a hot take, plenty of people said it even in his prime. His assist numbers were good but they always felt kind of empty. He doesn’t move off the ball. Doesn’t play defense. Aside from p&r his teammates always looked like they just kind of stood and watched and waited for a potential kick out.

Now, he is past his prime and can’t put up 40 at will like he could before, but still hasn’t gotten much better at the other aspects. I would not want him on my team.

I find (found) the Clips unwatchable. Selfish ISO ball from players who think they are WAY better than the facts justify. PG reliably comes up minuscule in big games, Westbrook is just completely cooked, and Harden is comfortable waiting for a clear-out so he can hoist one or drive and score at a 30% clip. For the life of me I can't understand why Lue is supposed to be the hot get for the Lakers.

I love Bones. I hope he does well and I think he will as long as he stays humble and keeps working hard every day regardless of PT.

However, in no way is he better than Harden or Westbrook. He just isnt at this stage in their careers.

His turn will come and as to the ISO ball some seem to hate, well then stop watching the NBA as that is all the NBA has become for the most part.

Back