Bones Hyland - NBA Thread

I hope they do too. I totally get the pettiness and we all want what is best for Bones first and foremost.

However, most of us fell in love with this team over the past two years. Just really fun basketball with or without Bones. Guys like Jokic, Jeff Green, Ish Smith are quite the stories with fascinating NBA journeys. People are THAT fickle to turn and root against these guys after having watched them for so long? Mind boggling.

And of all teams, Miami?!?! My God. Next to LA, the biggest bandwagon team in the league. The lower bowl in Miami looks like one giant instagram influencer. What an icky franchise.
Absolutely agree. They are definitely a fun team to watch, with or without Bones. And I’m cheering for them whether it’s Boston or Miami.

I’ve watched the NBA for quite a while now, and witnessing that darn near 7 foot tall chonky boi grab a rebound and effectively lead a fast break over and over again is one of the most bewildering and impressive things I’ve seen in sports.
I’m with both of you, just love watching his game. An incredible passer particularly for his size. I haven’t seen a big with outlet passes like him starting fast breaks since Wes Unseld, who was only 6’ 7” but heck of NBA rebounder at 245 lbs. Unseld had a wicked outlet pass but nowhere like the Joker bringing the ball upcourt. Unreal to watch. And when someone tries to stop him or plays aggressive D, he drops dimes to teammates on the run. So much fun to watch. He makes everyone on Nuggets so much better. A magic Johnson kind of teammate. Simply get the ball in his hands and something good will happen.

I’m with both of you, just love watching his game. An incredible passer particularly for his size. I haven’t seen a big with outlet passes like him starting fast breaks since Wes Unseld, who was only 6’ 7” but heck of NBA rebounder at 245 lbs. Unseld had a wicked outlet pass but nowhere like the Joker bringing the ball upcourt. Unreal to watch. And when someone tries to stop him or plays aggressive D, he drops dimes to teammates on the run. So much fun to watch. He makes everyone on Nuggets so much better. A magic Johnson kind of teammate. Simply get the ball in his hands and something good will happen.
A young healthy Bill Walton could do that and more. While he was never a true rival to Kareem's greatness (as much as the media wanted) Walton , when healthy, was as versatile, skilled and talented a big that you will find in the history of the NBA.

The game has surely changed and as much as I am amazed by Joker and Embed to a lessor extent. The still dont wow me like Kareem and Walton. (I never saw Wilt or Russell play).

I hope they do too. I totally get the pettiness and we all want what is best for Bones first and foremost.

However, most of us fell in love with this team over the past two years. Just really fun basketball with or without Bones. Guys like Jokic, Jeff Green, Ish Smith are quite the stories with fascinating NBA journeys. People are THAT fickle to turn and root against these guys after having watched them for so long? Mind boggling.

And of all teams, Miami?!?! My God. Next to LA, the biggest bandwagon team in the league. The lower bowl in Miami looks like one giant instagram influencer. What an icky franchise.
Go Heat!

Oh and Rowdy....not sure I can be considered a "real' fan but I am a fan. I was not a fan when they joined the NBA. I became a fan when I lived in South Florida. It was during the early part of Dwayne Wade's career. He basically carried the team. It was when Haslem actually played. Ha!

Go Heat!

Oh and Rowdy....not sure I can be considered a "real' fan but I am a fan. I was not a fan when they joined the NBA. I became a fan when I lived in South Florida. It was during the early part of Dwayne Wade's career. He basically carried the team. It was when Haslem actually played. Ha!
I mean that's when I became a fan of them too.... and if you stuck with them... even when we weren't that great (06-10)... I'd say you're still a real heat fan. Not like you became a Heat fan when Lebron got there.

Gotta give Miami credit. They played tough and pulled it out. Pretty funny how All-NBA Jaylen Brown forgot how to play basketball. I’m always ok with a Boston team losing.

It will be interesting to see what Spoelstra tries to do with Jokic. Miami‘s defense tends to do well in neutralizing wings, however they have nobody that can deal with Jokic. An absolute nightmare of a matchup. But that’s why they play the game. Anything can happen.

Gotta give Miami credit. They played tough and pulled it out. Pretty funny how All-NBA Jaylen Brown forgot how to play basketball. I’m always ok with a Boston team losing.

It will be interesting to see what Spoelstra tries to do with Jokic. Miami‘s defense tends to do well in neutralizing wings, however they have nobody that can deal with Jokic. An absolute nightmare of a matchup. But that’s why they play the game. Anything can happen.
Spo will figure it out. My gameplay would be to close out passing lanes and not help on Jokic. Limit his assists. Stop Murray and the Nuggets wings.

Yeah they're gonna need all the help they can get from Bam, Martin, and Kevin Love if he's able to play.... as well as Butler to try & slow down Jokic.

But in my opinion.... Jokic is gonna get his points, don't double him too much.... but worry more about making sure guys like Murray, MPJ & Gordon don't go off. And if Jokic beats you to the basket... let him go, don't get your self in foul trouble & compound the issue.

There's a chance the Heat get Herro back for Game 3 which would give us another weapon... but of course he'll be rusty..... if we can somehow steal 1 in Denver, that would be huge.

Back