Brad Brownell gets Clemson job?

World B. Free

Elite Member
Is this confirmed? Heard about this yesterday but hadn't looked to see if it had been posted anywhere. Awesome news if true for us and not a bad hire for Clemson. Actually like it better than what Wake did.

I should have looked at the "OFF TOPIC" Board before posting this. My bad. Very excited that Coach Smart is back for another year and for LOI Day tomorrow. Going to be an exciting class to watch!

If anyone needs a quick pick-me-up, particularly a member of the gloom and doom crew, go check out the UNCW boards on the Zone! :shock:

well considering following:

1. UNCW powers to be kinda ran Brad off.
2. Brad goes to Wright St and had a 60% winning record
3. Brad is recognized as an up and coming coach and gets hired for an ACC job
4. Since Brad's departure UNCW's BBall program has tanked.

I guess I would be a little pissed at the AD too.

Thank God for Norwood and Dr. Sanders. VCU has been in good hands for several years/decades now.

Just wonder how Clemson fans will respond to his brand of basketball which is slow down, defense oriented versus what Purnell ran. Then again, if he wins a NCAA tournament game (which Purnell never did) it probably won't matter.

Mistachill said:
Just wonder how Clemson fans will respond to his brand of basketball which is slow down, defense oriented versus what Purnell ran. Then again, if he wins a NCAA tournament game (which Purnell never did) it probably won't matter.

He will in his first year!

Back