Butler Pride of the mid Majors

rammad90

Elite Member
A mid Major in the title game. GREAT!

The announcers try to down play by saying Butler has been in before and have won games. Also, they say they were ranked. However, for me the real question is how many five star blue chippers do they have on their roster? Heck how many four star guys? Not a one. Not one guy rated higher than 90 either.(Espn)

Small budget and a few loses from being an also ran. (as most mid majors are due to our lack of perceived tradition) Gonzaga is a celebrated mid major. However, even they have never made it to the final game. The last mid major this good was yes the Larry Legends Indiana State Sycamores and we all know we havent heard from them in a while.

Therefore, while others may try to down play the importance of Butler and not give all of us mid Majors our due, the win tonight was one for the good guys.

This win and all of the upsets prove what we all at the mid Major level have stated over and over for years, the mids can play with the big conference schools. Moreover, all those Majors who have gotten bids just because they are in a big conference didnt deserve them. More of us should make it each year 64 or 96.

Good luck Butler and let's all hope they win.

"Let's win this one for all the small schools who never had the chance to get here."

ShoeSh1ne said:
"Let's win this one for all the small schools who never had the chance to get here."

It not that we are small but that we are disregarded. As someone on this board states "we are not part of the cartel" However, I know what you mean! Go Bull dogs!

rammad90 said:
ShoeSh1ne said:

It not that we are small but that we are disregarded. As someone on this board states "we are not part of the cartel" However, I know what you mean! Go Bull dogs!

I'm pretty sure he was quoting Hoosiers

We're small as far as the NCAA is concerned.

And yeah, it's from Hoosiers.

ShoeSh1ne said:
We're small as far as the NCAA is concerned.

And yeah, it's from Hoosiers.

true dat... while we're relatively large for a university, the first "A" in NCAA stands for athletic, and our athletic department and budget are on the small side

This has been even more fun than the Mason run (and that was the most fun tourney I've ever had except for our Duke win year). I like that this is proving the dream. Butler's story is going to be retold in a lot of fun ways. A part of me is dreading that their coach will get stolen away/leave. But right now, I just want to see them pull off one more "miracle" win. Duke is hot right now.

By the way, ArtRaminMin, what's the significance of the current avatar?

RamChris said:
no significance really, but as far as motivation...
90% - it's black & gold
7% - I liked the geometric pattern and overall look
3% - it's vertically narrow so as not to create unnecessary empty space below a short post

back to the thread...
Go Butler!

artRAMinMN said:
RamChris said:
90% - it's black & gold
3% - it's vertically narrow so as not to create unnecessary empty space below a short post

back to the thread...
Go Butler!

Only you would have answered that question with a percentage breakdown. You are one of a kind, we are lucky to have you on here.

Just got back from Indy...what a game...Butler fans went crazy when the buzzer blew...
MSU brought a huge crowd...a lot cleared out after the game and Mountaineers took their seats...
Duke game was a disappointment...WFT WVa?
I hope Butler's D can shut down or limit Duke's crazy 52% 3 pt shooting...otherwise it's going to be tough row to hoe...
Go Dogs!

I like it because it reminds me of military ribbons/ medals... about the same proportions.

artRAMinMN said:
RamChris said:
90% - it's black & gold

back to the thread...
Go Butler!

VCULee said:
I like it because it reminds me of military ribbons/ medals... about the same proportions.

artRAMinMN said:
RamChris said:
90% - it's black & gold

back to the thread...
Go Butler!

wow, now that you mention it I can totally see it, but it didn't occur to me before... it's actually a thumbnail from a safety products catalog for warning tape

Back