Capel Interviewed with Oklahoma w/out VCU Knowing

VCU MJ said:
Ramdog said:
In most cases, letting your boss know you are considering another job is making it public.

in most cases it also gets you fired...of course that is in the real world, not the coaching world.

I think you just summed up why Capel didn't tell anyone!

Are you really serious? Do you honestly think Dick Sander would have fired Capel if Capel had told him he was going to interview for the Oklahoma job? This is college sports. Sander would probably have been appreciative that Capel was up front with him. VCU is a mid major school. If Sander fires Capel, VCU becomes black listed regarding hiring future up and coming coaches. College coaching is not like corporate america, unless you coach football at Boston College.

Wolfpack Ram said:
Are you really serious? Do you honestly think Dick Sander would have fired Capel if Capel had told him he was going to interview for the Oklahoma job? This is college sports. Sander would probably have been appreciative that Capel was up front with him. VCU is a mid major school. If Sander fires Capel, VCU becomes black listed regarding hiring future up and coming coaches. College coaching is not like corporate america, unless you coach football at Boston College.

I already wrote my opinion. It would have leaked and hurt Capel, current VCU players and prospects.

Back