CBI - The Rest of the Way

Any word on if we play at home Wednesday when we win tonight??? How does the rest of the tourney go? I realize I'm too lazy to look it up myself.

Winner goes to the CBI "Final Four". Winners of their games there go to the championship which is a best out of three series.

ROW6RAM said:
Any word on if we play at home Wednesday when we win tonight??? How does the rest of the tourney go? I realize I'm too lazy to look it up myself.

they reseed the final 4 as they call it, so no way to know until all the games are done and reseeding is done.

Here is the schedule, which show TBA for everything after tonight.

http://www.gazellegroup.com/events/cbi/schedule.htm

My guess is that they try to keep things as regional as possible until the finals. Looking at that list I think they will have every opportunity to keep us from going all the way to St. Louis or Green Bay Wednesday. That is a quick turnaround.

Worst case is Green Bay, Princeton, Boston U, and us win. From that group it would be hardest for us to get to Green Bay than the other two, due to their being closer to major airports. If Princeton or Boston U lose, the other winners (IUPUI or Morehead St.) would be closer to Green Bay or St. Louis.

Home game for us, and it does not really matter. :D ;)

I was told last night that a home game is possible.

If we have to travel my personal preference, in order are, Princeton, Morehead St., Boston U, IUPUI, St. Louis, then Green Bay. Princeton and Morehead could almost be done in one trip, leave early and come back late (Real late night through West Virginia....ugh).

I got the streak to think about here!!! :lol:

But for now, Just beat College of Charleston!

vcubanana said:
Just Win tonight!

A very wise person once said, "Don't worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will worry about itself." Let's focus on tonight and support our Rams at least one more time this season at home. It's nice to see these guys live in action again another time.

When I purchased tickets for tonight, I was told by the ticket office that we will definitely have a home game if we win tonight.

mike7842 said:
We will play the winner of IUPUI (what is that?) and Princeton.

as of 10 minutes ago our next victim..er..opponent was still up in the air. Teams are reseeded after this evenings games.

Not sure if that is confirmed or not (mike where did you hear/see that?) but Princeton beat IUPUI in double-OT to advance.

Also, Boston beat Morehead St. to advance as well. Green Bay is playing St. Louis right now on HDNet.

We'll get Princeton or Boston. They'd be stupid to put the two best teams together in the semi's. Anyone disagree?

vcubanana said:
We'll get Princeton or Boston. They'd be stupid to put the two best teams together in the semi's. Anyone disagree?

Ummm...you have to remember that this is all about money. Which will generate more revenue and a bigger TV audience....Boston vs Princeton or VCU vs Boston/Princeton? But perhaps I am wrong.

I'm thinking Princeton for Rick's sake.

--------------
GO RAMS!
Beat Tigers or Terriers or Billikens or whoever!!

Back