Charles Fenner III

Mistachill

Elite Member
Interesting article: http://www.fiveborosports.com/ssp/news?news_id=2373

Charles Fenner III, a defensive-minded guard with offensive skills, is close to playing college basketball. His lockdown defense on Newburgh Free Academy’s Marcus Henderson on March 29 enabled Rice to escape with its first New York State Federation championship since 2002.

He has been accepted to Division I schools Virginia Commonwealth and Quinnipiac for stellar academics; it is unclear if he would walk-on at either school.

Sounds like one heck of a young man! I wonder if walk-on would be granted for sure. Sounds like injuries might plague him, but would love to give him a shot to walk-on and work out. You can never have too many viable three point threats.

Especially if they're not burning one of your scholarships. Speaking of walk-ons, I've heard nobody discuss David Hinton's status after the coaching change. Wonder what's up with him?

RamChris said:
And you can never have too many defensive-minded guards.

The only thing I've heard from David is that he loves Coach Smart.....really trusts the guy.

Deuce said:
The only thing I've heard from David is that he loves Coach Smart.....really trusts the guy.

David is still on the team and working hard to try and earn a scholarship. He's working very hard. He was a preferred walk-on and has some skills. He's not a Gerard Smith walk-on. The coaches redshirted him because they expect him to contribute at VCU. He's got a great work ethic and even better character. :)

Back