Chase Big Men--Single Recruiting Focus

We presently have 4 offers out to 2010 incoming class kids over 6'6". We need size, period. First guy is a 4 star, next two are 3 stars, 4th is a 2 star.

Keep chanting big man, big man, big man. I am not a jr. college fan, but if we don't land at least 1 very solid 3 star big man we need to consider the jc route. With Krill out after next year, and Larry likely to bolt for the bucks, we must have immediate help. I can't recall a CAA team starting 4 guards thats won conference, let alone made any NCAA run.

C
8 Damontre Harris
(Trinity Christian School)
Fayetteville, NC
6-9/205 Med Yes Florida, Maryland, South Carolina, Virginia Commonwealth, Wake Forest, Auburn, Boston College, Georgia, UNC-Wilmington, Winthrop, Xavier

SF
NR Reco McCarter
(Wayne Country Day School)
Goldsboro, NC
6-6/170 Med Yes Wake Forest, Florida, North Carolina State, Oklahoma, Virginia Commonwealth, Virginia Tech, Cincinnati, South Carolina, UNC-Wilmington

PF
NR Kadeem Green
(United Faith Christian Academy)
Charlotte, NC
6-8/185 Med Yes George Mason, George Washington, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma, Virginia Commonwealth, Wake Forest, South Carolina

PF
NR Donte Williams
(Miller Grove HS)
Lithonia, GA
6-9/200 Med Yes Arkansas State, Auburn, Georgia, Georgia State, Miami (Fl), Virginia Commonwealth, Cincinnati, Florida State, Kentucky, Temple, Xavier

Trust me - there are substantially more "big men" in the mix than the aforementioned. The staff has done a great job of getting involved with an impressive number of quality bigs.

Now comes the most difficult part - closing the deal. When you recruit kids, particularly bigs, of this calibur, dissapointment is quite common. That's when you have to rely on plan B.

Whatever happens I commend the new coaching staff for trying to recruit the best student/athletes out there. This is necessary if you want to grow your program and take it to the next level. Hopefully they will be greeted with some good fortune on the recruiting trail over the next few weeks or so!

Back