CNN/Sports Illustrated Bracketology

Nowhereman said:
Thats like having your Birthday on Christmas Day..
huh???

mrCAA said:
I'd be happy with a 16 seed. I just want to dance.
I’ve never seen a post so misunderstood.
I don’t think we would get a 16 seed. 9 or 10 is most likely.
The point was that I don’t care what the seed is, as long as we are in the tournament. jeesh

xjohnx said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_glockner/12/22/bracket-watch/index.html

Bad news - They have W&M getting in with the auto bid as a 12 seed.

Good news - They have VCU getting an at large bid, and a 9 seed, facing none other than Shaka's mentor, Oliver Purnell and his Clemson Tigers.

No way Bill/Mary win the CAA tourney. There's a reason why they NEVER have. They dont have the athletes to play, and win, on back to back to back nights. Set shooter's legs get awfully tired playing 3 days in a row.

4RunningRam said:
No way Bill/Mary win the CAA tourney. There's a reason why they NEVER have. They dont have the athletes to play, and win, on back to back to back nights. Set shooter's legs get awfully tired playing 3 days in a row.

You either haven't been watching CAA hoops for too long or you wiped the 2007-08 season out of your mind after W&M knocked us out of the tournament.

Remember, they won on back-to-back-to-back days to reach the final before finally running out of gas against Mason, with a less-talented team than they have now. So I'd say it's a stretch to think they can't win 3 games in 3 days in March if they're able to secure one of the four first-round byes.

SI preseason publication [bracket-of-64] had two CAA teams going to The Dance: ODU & GMU.

What a difference 10 weeks makes. Just win, baby, win!

4RunningRam said:
xjohnx said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_glockner/12/22/bracket-watch/index.html

Bad news - They have W&M getting in with the auto bid as a 12 seed.

Good news - They have VCU getting an at large bid, and a 9 seed, facing none other than Shaka's mentor, Oliver Purnell and his Clemson Tigers.

I don't think they will win it either, but not because of this. With the way they are playing now they are going to be a highly scouted team going into the CAA tourney. They won't be used to that. I still give them a chance, I just don't think they will win it.

AG_fan said:
4RunningRam said:

You either haven't been watching CAA hoops for too long or you wiped the 2007-08 season out of your mind after W&M knocked us out of the tournament.

Remember, they won on back-to-back-to-back days to reach the final before finally running out of gas against Mason, with a less-talented team than they have now. So I'd say it's a stretch to think they can't win 3 games in 3 days in March if they're able to secure one of the four first-round byes.

Au contraire...I have family near williamsburg and attend several of their games a year. I've been watching them for years.

That was a miraculous run, in which they made it to the final... but if it happens every 50 years, I dont think they're gonna be pulling that off again for awhile.
Go see how many teams have NEVER, EVER won their conference tournament and been to the big dance. You'll find this school along with no more than 4 or 5 others. It's a remarkable stat.

W&M has a lack of upside...they have peaked early and are playing at top form right now. They are not likely to get much better...they have NO athletes to speak of, no one coming back from injury to add another gear, etc., and the CAA teams will figure our their hocus pocus offense. Also, do we think they'll hit 40% of their 3s all year long and continue to have 3 attempts comprise 51% of their shots? It won't hold up all year long.

ODU is up and down, but seems to be improving. VCU has been without all of it's inside depth really. Getting Saintil and Skeen back enormously improves our chances in a rugged CAA. Watch our for Hofstra...Jenkins has an NBA guard's body (which will serve him well in Richmond come March) and is much more efficient so far this season.

Back