Coach Smart @ T. Miller's TONIGHT

Mistachill said:
Did anyone ask about our scholarship situation in terms of how many we currently have to offer? I don't remember anyone asking but my attention wasn't on coach Smart 100% of the time.

Don't believe so.

CAARamFan09 said:
xjohnx said:
Great event, here are some random things I recall hearing.

Biggest Surprise: Jay Gavin. Has put up 40,000 ADDITIONAL shots on his own.

Scheduling: Trying to schedule VT/UVA. UVA was close when Bennet first came, now doesn't look as likely. He wants to play high major schools in the future.

I'm sure others will chime in with other bits of info.

I doubt Va Tech or UVGay will ever scedule to play us as one of their non-conference opponents due to the fact that they don't want to recognize the fact that VCU has become the best best basketball program in the state over the last five years. They wouldn't know how to explain to their alumni that they couldn't beat a non BCS state school without a football program in basketball. I'm afraid the best we could ever hope for is getting a match-up with one of them in the NCAA tournament.

UVA scheduled UNCW this year so they are at least dabbling in the CAA.

I doubt they would have scheduled them 5 years ago though. That is how UR ended up with such a strong schedule this year. They sucked for so long that the BCS teams started scheduling them.

I wonder what kind of SEC creative recruiting tactics he was referring to.

VCU Finance 2008 said:
I doubt they would have scheduled them 5 years ago though. That is how UR ended up with such a strong schedule this year. They sucked for so long that the BCS teams started scheduling them.

Can you say Paul Eblen?

VCUBeatsduke

VCUBeatsduke said:
VCU Finance 2008 said:

Can you say Paul Eblen?

VCUBeatsduke

Wonder if he got over recruited too

VCU Finance 2008 said:

Pretty sure he was joking unless he suddenly wants to throw his former boss right under the bus :lol:

AG_fan said:
VCU Finance 2008 said:

Pretty sure he was joking unless he suddenly wants to throw his former boss right under the bus :lol:

well florida is established so it doesnt need any tactics to get recruits. meanwhile place we are competing with this year like UGA, Auburn and even Ole Miss that are trying to establish themselves as top notch SEC programs might be a different story.

ramramthankyoumaam said:
CAARamFan09 said:
xjohnx said:
Great event, here are some random things I recall hearing.

Biggest Surprise: Jay Gavin. Has put up 40,000 ADDITIONAL shots on his own.

Scheduling: Trying to schedule VT/UVA. UVA was close when Bennet first came, now doesn't look as likely. He wants to play high major schools in the future.

I'm sure others will chime in with other bits of info.

I doubt Va Tech or UVGay will ever scedule to play us as one of their non-conference opponents due to the fact that they don't want to recognize the fact that VCU has become the best best basketball program in the state over the last five years. They wouldn't know how to explain to their alumni that they couldn't beat a non BCS state school without a football program in basketball. I'm afraid the best we could ever hope for is getting a match-up with one of them in the NCAA tournament.

UVA scheduled UNCW this year so they are at least dabbling in the CAA.

That is good that they scheduled UNCW. With no offense directed toward UNCW or their fans on this comment, they are nowhere near as good of a team as VCU has become over the last several years. UVA scheduled UNCW thinking that they would be a guaranteed non-conference win. UVA wouldn't think that way about playing VCU, they know that playing us would be a dogfight and they don't want that considering all of the dogfights that they will be in once they get into ACC play.

Back