Coach Smart Twitters

Joey Rodriguez has it in him to become one of the toughest players in the country. Keep bringing it out, Joey!
Terrance Saintil has a chance to take a major step this year, on and off the court. It's largely up to Terrance!

Coach Smart shows a lot of motivational postings on Twitter. If J-Rod and Saintil have good years, so will the team.

I have this feeling about Joey - - Eric's out of the picture and he's got a chip on his shoulder now. I think he's going to surprise some people with his play at PG - - and will have the ability to slide to the #2 spot for his 3 shot.

If we play and inside-out game...or outside-in game, Joey will get his chances. Now that we have a definite threat inside with Larry...and Burgess...and Kiril..and Skeen...and TJ.....and perhaps even Terrance, this should help to open it up outside to Joey, Rozzel, Nixon, and others.

If we have good chemistry, teamplay, and ball distribution we will be a tough team. We have a team of many juniors so they have played enough together....let's see how well they get along.

I follow coach's tweets as well as Eric, Larry and Joey. But after seeing that tweet about Saintil I looked at his twitter page. He has a pic of himself out there sans shirt. I will say this about him...he looks to be much, much bigger - - and it's mostly muscle. He will be a physical mismatch for most CAA post players - - that's for darn sure. We actually have BCS beef inside with Saintil, Kiril, and Skeen. Not to mention Larry's length inside. I know Eric's gone, but this is the kind of team that can make a big dent in the dance if they can get there.

Rambunctious said:
I follow coach's tweets as well as Eric, Larry and Joey. But after seeing that tweet about Saintil I looked at his twitter page. He has a pic of himself out there sans shirt. I will say this about him...he looks to be much, much bigger - - and it's mostly muscle. He will be a physical mismatch for most CAA post players - - that's for darn sure. We actually have BCS beef inside with Saintil, Kiril, and Skeen. Not to mention Larry's length inside. I know Eric's gone, but this is the kind of team that can make a big dent in the dance if they can get there.

Not only do we have beef but we have athletic beef sans Kiril

If Saintil could move without traveling he would go along way

I think Terrance is setup to be one of the biggest "breakout" players this year. That guy is flying WAY under the radar...

6'8, 240 and ripped is hard to ignore though... I'd love to see him play a Rodman style of play and become the most aggressive players in the CAA. When you're that athletic at that size you can't help but succeed.

Natty said:
I think Terrance is setup to be one of the biggest "breakout" players this year. That guy is flying WAY under the radar...

6'8, 240 and ripped is hard to ignore though... I'd love to see him play a Rodman style of play and become the most aggressive players in the CAA. When you're that athletic at that size you can't help but succeed.

Absolutely agree here. Terrance has a physique that most CAA senior big men would dream of having. He's a very strong big man with impressive footwork. I strongly believe Grant should have got him more time last year to develop. I think he breaks out this year. He has been working on adding a jumper to his game over the summer and although he's probably not proficient enough to the point that he will be given the green light in games, it's certainly an aspect of his game worth working on. His muscle will be needed in the low post and hopefully he provides solid minutes in the event that Larry gets into foul trouble (which is likely). We need him to take a big step this year.

You go Jay Gavin!!!! Looking for some good things from you this season as a VCU Ram! :D

Welcome back District!

VCUBeatsduke

Latest
Just met Governor Wilder - What a phenomenal person! Boundless wisdom.

Oh No! - I see a chink in Coach Smart's armor. He must be gullible.

Now if he had said Boundless Bullsh!t instead of Boundless wisdom, then we know he saw through the good governor. ;)

Back