Coach Stiffler to Notre Dame

Unlike our Basketball team, this has the potential to be more crippling....as was mentioned in the main forum, Rich Witten JUST left to take the reigns at FIU.

Since 1995, the Rams have only known Paul Keyes or Shawn Stiffler as coaches.....I truly hope the AD digs deep and finds a qualified, stable guy to take over.

Happy for Coach Stiffler, bummed out for the program.

Unlike our Basketball team, this has the potential to be more crippling....as was mentioned in the main forum, Rich Witten JUST left to take the reigns at FIU.

Since 1995, the Rams have only known Paul Keyes or Shawn Stiffler as coaches.....I truly hope the AD digs deep and finds a qualified, stable guy to take over.

Happy for Coach Stiffler, bummed out for the program.

People give Ed a lot of hate but he has done a pretty good job finding good coaches for our programs. Hopefully with the plans for the athletic village and stadium coming together he can find someone that can keep the train rolling.

People give Ed a lot of hate but he has done a pretty good job finding good coaches for our programs. Hopefully with the plans for the athletic village and stadium coming together he can find someone that can keep the train rolling.

Stiffler was an internal hire. He was on the Rams coaching staff for 5 seasons prior to being promoted. Not much leg work Ed had to do on that coaching hire, just like the Will Wade hire and Mike Rhoades hire. He has his work cut out for him this time. If he's smart, he tries to make a run after Jeff Palumbo at ECU. Jeff was an assistant coach at VCU prior to joining the staff at ECU. He currently is the Associated Head Coach/Recruiting Coordinator.

Another name to look at is Brandon Inge. Brandon is currently a volunteer coach at Michigan. The only challenge with Brandon is I'm not sure he ever got his college degree as he was only at VCU for three years. Also, Brandon's son (Tyler) is committed to Michigan, although he is only in the Class of 2024.

Stiffler was an internal hire. He was on the Rams coaching staff for 5 seasons prior to being promoted. Not much leg work Ed had to do on that coaching hire, just like the Will Wade hire and Mike Rhoades hire. He has his work cut out for him this time. If he's smart, he tries to make a run after Jeff Palumbo at ECU. Jeff was an assistant coach at VCU prior to joining the staff at ECU. He currently is the Associated Head Coach/Recruiting Coordinator.

Another name to look at is Brandon Inge. Brandon is currently a volunteer coach at Michigan. The only challenge with Brandon is I'm not sure he ever got his college degree as he was only at VCU for three years. Also, Brandon's son (Tyler) is committed to Michigan, although he is only in the Class of 2024.
Knowing how Ed is when it comes to degree requirements (just based on the Jersey retirement thing).... if he and Brandon Inge could work out a deal (Maybe Inge agrees to finish his degree in a certain amount of time upon being hired).... It could be good for us. Former VCU player, had a solid career in the big leagues, definitely a name most people have heard of.... I'm sure plenty of baseball players would love the opportunity to play for a former Major Leaguer.

Back