Congrats to the Rams

Congrats to the VCU Rams on a sterling 2-game performance against St. Louis. The Rams really repped the Colonial well, and we wish you continued success in the future...how about a home-and-home for next year...would be a boost for our schedule, and you guys like playing the A-10?

BustedDreams49 said:
Congrats to the VCU Rams on a sterling 2-game performance against St. Louis. The Rams really repped the Colonial well, and we wish you continued success in the future...how about a home-and-home for next year...would be a boost for our schedule, and you guys like playing the A-10?
yeah, I wouldn't mind extending our win streak over the A-10!
I think that was my favorite part... going 5-0 on the A-10 this season, including NCAA 7 seed Richmond and the NIT's Rhode Island Rams! (Also, congrats to Dayton!)

Thanks for the kind words and be proud of the effort you guys gave with the short bench.

For a team with only 8 scholarship players, your guys played their hearts out. You could tell from the cramping and pain your players were enduring during the final part of the game. They never gave up. You should be proud of your team....just imagine how they will do once you get fully stocked with scholarship players...will be scary good.

I really like that up-tempo style a lot. Pressing, trapping, and getting up the floor. I haven't followed the Rams much (St. Louis media doesn't cover SLU very often, let alone anyone smaller than Missouri or Illinois), but it looked like they were very well coached and extremely athletic. I guess you guys know about fighting for coverage since Richmond is kind of in your city.

Congrats Rams...hope to see the SLU/VCU rematch in another tournament next year.

By the way, it seems that VCU is a pretty classy fan base...hope that we at SLU were equally classy.

Definitely worth the experience for SLU....VCU looked like a BCS team with their athleticism.

VCU and SLU need to start a series....great program those Billikens. They will be a major factor in the future - I hope they kick the living poop out of the UofR next season!

VCUBeatsduke

BustedDreams49 said:
I really like that up-tempo style a lot. Pressing, trapping, and getting up the floor. I haven't followed the Rams much (St. Louis media doesn't cover SLU very often, let alone anyone smaller than Missouri or Illinois), but it looked like they were very well coached and extremely athletic. I guess you guys know about fighting for coverage since Richmond is kind of in your city.

Congrats Rams...hope to see the SLU/VCU rematch in another tournament next year.

By the way, it seems that VCU is a pretty classy fan base...hope that we at SLU were equally classy.

Your fans were classy, too. I met an anatomy professor from your medical school. We were picking up our tickets at the same time. She spent half an hour talking about your basketball program and sharing some insights. During half time she walked from the other side of the arena to talk with us. She collects "shot glasses" and I intend to send one from VCU. Half of traveling with the team is meeting nice people from the host school. I hope you can visit us in Richmond at VCU--THE university of Richmond! :lol:

I wouldn't mind playing as many as 4 or 5 A-10 teams each season. They are for the most part all quality teams within a reasonable distance who could benefit from playing us in a home and home series. St. Louis would be a great one to add to the list. Plus BD49 is a pretty funny guy.

Not to mention playing and beating A-10 teams on a consistent basis can't hurt us from a conference realignment standpoint. They may just realize that VCU might be a good candidate for the A-10. Heck beating Richmond the last 5 or 6 years running should be indicative enough that they have the wrong team from Richmond in the A-10. ;)

5-0 against 4 A-10 teams this year is impressive no matter how you cut it. Outside of our poor CAA performance (which was head-scratching to all of us), we had a great season. 27-9 with wins over #17 Oklahoma, Richmond (NCAA), ODU (NCAA), Rhode Island (NIT), Nevada (NIT), and W&M (NIT). It's pretty good for a disappointing year.

A-10 merges with the Association and becomes the East Coast Athletic Association. The ECAA. Two conferences the Colonial Conf and the Atlantic 10 Conf. Split in two different Divisions: The Yankee and Dixie & the Eastern and Western, respectively. And then football can fall under. From Atl to Bos out to Ohio and even StL.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM said:
A-10 merges with the Association and becomes the East Coast Athletic Association. The ECAA. Two conferences the Colonial Conf and the Atlantic 10 Conf. Split in two different Divisions: The Yankee and Dixie & the Eastern and Western, respectively. And then football can fall under. From Atl to Bos out to Ohio and even StL.

26 teams seems kind of excessive, no?

VCU Finance 2008 said:
BaNgMyPrOgRaM said:
Not really. Maybe not typical.

They can just call it the ECAA-10 and no one will realize how bloated it is.

Whats funny is the conferences that point out they have more members than the number states. Anyone who has seen the Big Ten logo knows what I mean.

DCDuck said:
BaNgMyPrOgRaM said:

26 teams seems kind of excessive, no?

It's only ten more than the big east, doesn't seem to hurt them hahaha

Back