D-J Haley Clap, Clap, Clap-Clap-Clap

fmrick

Elite Member
Insider
I was thinking on the way home tonight that this might be a great chance for us, as fans, to get involved in HELPING VCU get this guy. We always want to know what is being done, so maybe this is a great chance for us all to become more involved. He is going to be AT THE GAME. So why not a little welcome from the Ram fans?

At some point during the game we could do the same chant for him that we do for Larry:

D-J Haley! Clap, Clap, Clap-Clap-Clap!

How cool would that be? Just got to pick the time that would be best. Someone who has Ryan's number give him a call and ask him the best time, when the band is not playing. I was thinking during one of the Media time-outs in the second half.

Now students- Your mission, should you agree to accept it, is to make signs. His number is #33. So why not something creative, linking him to VCU. Maybe something with the Bracket Buster included. Like- D.J. Handley, VCU's next Bracket Buster. Or whatever, but you get the idea. Maybe a link to the NBA, someting like ERIC- Past, Larry- Present, DJ Future.

Let's have some fun with this and see what we can do!

From what I'm told the guys is a Larry clone. Big, tall, and long. Runs FAST. He is very smart and loves music.

Re: D-J Haley Clap, Clap, Clap-Clap Clap

Well, I haven't been able to get above the rim for 30 years now, but I can still chant! Count me in.

From what I'm told the guy is a Larry clone. Big, tall, and long. Runs FAST. He is very smart and loves music.

DJ's his name and he loves music? This is a Brand Center layup!

I'm a '81 grad in Advertising who'd like to challenge student ram fans to create a message tomorrow that can't be missed at the Stu. Come on , DJ, spin VCU a tune--we wanna hear you say yes! Is there a theme out there?

How about students becoming "HALEY's COMETS"? Together now: Haley's Comets---Clap, Clap, Clap-Clap, Clap!

IF we want him, he is ours. Just do it.

Hearing big things about this big man. Time for the ram fans to step up and make our voices heard tomorrow.

Ryan and the band need to rock a "Hey Mr. DJ" song...while the student body all waves in his direction... :D

If I had to guess, behind the VCU bench.

Usually they use section 8...right behind the bench...7 is donor seating

All we gotta do is win, and have a packed and loud Siegel Center. That goes a long way with recruits.

It would be pretty cool to have on the video boards Larry saying "hey rams fans...let's welcome the future of VCU basketall DJ Haley".... :D

JeffC said:
It would be pretty cool to have on the video boards Larry saying "hey rams fans...let's welcome the future of VCU basketall DJ Haley".... :D

It'd be even cooler NOT to get a recruiting violation.

I'm all for that chant - put it on the whiteboard Pav/Swiss, that'll get it started.

it would be in his best interest to come here - if not we will get someone else

BTW: no one likes the deperate girl who tries too hard to get your attention :roll: :lol:

So this is this the "big recruit" everyone is talking about? He's a two star on rivals, a 78 grade on ESPN and is rated the # 90 center. I don't see what the big deal is with this guy, other than he's tall.

ESPN...
....Haley has an impressive frame with broad shoulders and long arms, but he is a major project. He plays with passion, runs hard, and he has decent hands, but he struggles converting in the paint area. He is very mechanical when posting up and doesn't possess the savvy or...

I know Larry was a project too and he has worked out well but I just don't get all the hype around this type of recruit - - or at least I don't get it enough to start chanting his name like he's a John Wall-like recruit.

Not trying to be a downer, but I thought this was going to be a big-time recruit that the major schools would want as well. This guy's got mid-major written all over him. If we don't get him he'll likely end up at a JMU or Ga St. type program.

Yeah, most people said the same thing about a guy named Maynor and Sanders...

Back