Daily Press: VCU 'A Sizable Challenge' to W&M

districtballer

Elite Member
http://weblogs.dailypress.com/sport...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"We’re going to try to do a lot of different things to him to slow him down," said Tribe sophmore foward Quinn McDowell, who referred to Sanders as "a future NBA lottery pick." "I don’t think you can really stop a guy like that completely. It’s more just make him do things he’s not comfortable doing."

So does that mean McDowell, despite the five inches he gives up, can expect a long night of battling Sanders in the post?

"Hopefully I’ll be able to get matched up with him, and do my best when I get there," said McDowell, averaging 15.4 points and four rebounds himself.

It will be interesting to see how this works out tomorrow.

If Larry remains focused, we can win. I think its going to be a different game from the one at William & Mary.

Thought they would have mentioned Skeen and Saintil in that article. Our answer to tommorrow's game lies inside with our big men. Pound the ball inside relentlessly and defend well on the perimeter.

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, we'd like to thank you for our big power forward Larry. We hope that you can use your baby Jesus powers to heal him and his foot. We thank you so much for our bountiful basketball talent of Ed, Joey, Brad, Brandon and Jamie.

Also, please let little Quinn McDowell guard Larry this weekend.

Amen.

Rambunctious said:
Dear Lord Baby Jesus, we'd like to thank you for our big power forward Larry. We hope that you can use your baby Jesus powers to heal him and his foot. We thank you so much for our bountiful basketball talent of Ed, Joey, Brad, Brandon and Jamie.

Amen.

I'd prefer that Quinn guards Larry on Wednesday. Otherwise, well played sir.

Rambunctious said:

Amen.

talladagaprayrhn0.jpg

Ricky Bobby and Cal Naughton Jr. approve of this post.

ramramthankyoumaam said:
Thought they would have mentioned Skeen and Saintil in that article. Our answer to tommorrow's game lies inside with our big men. Pound the ball inside relentlessly and defend well on the perimeter.

We also have to shoot well. Pounding the ball inside relentlessly doesn't work so well if you can't knock down some outside shots. I expect us to be just fine tomorrow night.

xjohnx said:
Rambunctious said:

Amen.

I'd prefer that Quinn guards Larry on Wednesday. Otherwise, well played sir.

That's what I meant. Let him (try) to guard him during the game. Lunch time for Larry if he does.

Rambunctious said:

Amen.
What is the word on larrys foot?

Shaka said today it seems fine and he should play normally but you cannot know for sure until he gets into the game flow....

Back