Dear...

Lord, I'm not trying to take Your name in vain at all...

...but what he said. Grant VCU victory today. Thanks a lot!

-DB

P. A. (post Amen) - Please make DB stub his toe for using "Grant" in his prayer!

P. P. A. - Keep everyone safe in this weather!!!

Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for VCU's continued dominance over ODU at the Siegel Center... and also that VCU players don't look like retarded gang-bangers.

977990908_l.jpg

xjohnx said:
Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for VCU's continued dominance over ODU at the Siegel Center... and also that VCU players don't look like retarded gang-bangers.

um... the bad/embarrassing/puts-in-a-bad-light facebook/myspace photo thing is like using nukes... both sides have 'em and there will be mutually assured destruction

lord knows there are some pics of our guys floating around and not too hard to find that... well, they should probably have had enough darn sense not to take, and then later to post, but I suppose man-children will be man-children

I prefer to think of my Jesus in a tuxedo t-shirt. It says I want to be formal, but I also want to party.

Gentlemen,
I am glad you guys brought up prayer, Jesus, etc because these are like my favorite subjects.

To XJohnX……

First, Jesus isn’t a baby anymore. ….

Second, God will not hold him blameless who takes his name in vain.
Exodus 20:7 (New American Standard Bible)
7"(A)You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.

Third, Blasphemy defiles a man….and ultimately will send him to heck.
Matthew 15:19-20 (King James Version)
19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Fourth, If you practice these sins as a way of life your prayers are an abomination….

"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." Revelation 21:8

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (New American Standard Bible)
9Or (A)do you not know that the unrighteous will not (B)inherit the kingdom of God? (C)Do not be deceived; (D)neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will (E)inherit the kingdom of God.
11(F)Such were some of you; but you were (G)washed, but you were (H)sanctified, but you were (I)justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

FOR THE EYES OF THE LORD ARE UPON THE RIGHTEOUS, AND HIS EARS ATTEND TO THEIR PRAYER, BUT THE FACE OF THE LORD IS AGAINST THOSE WHO DO EVIL. (NASB) 1 Peter 3:12
He who turns away his ear from listening to the law, Even his prayer is an abomination.. (NASB) Prov. 28:9

So when you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide My eyes from you, Yes, even though you multiply prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are covered with blood (NASB) Isaiah 1:15

If I regard wickedness in my heart, The Lord will not hear; (NASB) Ps 66:18

The baby Jesus thing was a joke from a movie

Shake N Bake!

prchdalaw said:
Gentlemen,
I am glad you guys brought up prayer, Jesus, etc because these are like my favorite subjects.

To XJohnX……

First, Jesus isn’t a baby anymore. ….

Second, God will not hold him blameless who takes his name in vain.
Exodus 20:7 (New American Standard Bible)
7"(A)You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.

Third, Blasphemy defiles a man….and ultimately will send him to heck.
Matthew 15:19-20 (King James Version)
19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Fourth, If you practice these sins as a way of life your prayers are an abomination….

"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." Revelation 21:8

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (New American Standard Bible)
9Or (A)do you not know that the unrighteous will not (B)inherit the kingdom of God? (C)Do not be deceived; (D)neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will (E)inherit the kingdom of God.
11(F)Such were some of you; but you were (G)washed, but you were (H)sanctified, but you were (I)justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

FOR THE EYES OF THE LORD ARE UPON THE RIGHTEOUS, AND HIS EARS ATTEND TO THEIR PRAYER, BUT THE FACE OF THE LORD IS AGAINST THOSE WHO DO EVIL. (NASB) 1 Peter 3:12
He who turns away his ear from listening to the law, Even his prayer is an abomination.. (NASB) Prov. 28:9

So when you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide My eyes from you, Yes, even though you multiply prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are covered with blood (NASB) Isaiah 1:15

If I regard wickedness in my heart, The Lord will not hear; (NASB) Ps 66:18

God is dead.

VCU4LIFE said:
Wow, seriously.....WORST THREAD EVER!!!

this

what sayeth the people? ...shalt this thread be dashed upon the rocks and smote into oblivion?

Mercury said:
The baby Jesus thing was a joke from a movie

Shake N Bake!

Do you really think it being a joke makes it ok?

If so, then....Woe unto you who call evil good and good evil...

and

But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.

......God is dead.

Psalms 14:1

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

From the book of Proverbs
Better is open rebuke than hidden love.

Jesus speaking in Revelation 3:19
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent.

Back