Didn't get a chance to say congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on your big win over Oklahoma. A sign you guys will be quite good this year, as you were able to turn it around in ONE GAME and beat a ranked team.

I'm sure there will still be some ups and downs with your team this year as you guys adjust to a new coach and new players/leaders, but I expect you to be right there with ODU and possibly GMU towards the end of the season and once again, the CAA tourney will probably be anyone's to grab.

Good luck on the rest of your OOC schedule, represent the CAA well.

Thanks for the class Razor. Good luck in the tournament. I think you guys have a good shot to win it all. Mizzou (like Oklahoma) is an Elite 8 team from last year that lost some important pieces and look to be prime for the picking. Miss. St. has looked shoddy early on and very beatable as an average Rider team beat them in their own house. It would certainly be great for you guys and the conference to wrack up some signature wins. Georgetown has also looked extremely beatable, especially in the Temple game that went down to the wire. I really think ODU has a good shot at winning all of those games. Good luck!

It is always a pleasure when the authority on VCU basketball comes over and lets us know how good or bad we are. Keep it up. Just a tip though if you create your own post rather than using one of the several existing ones you will get more attention for yourself. Oh, never mind.

VCU Finance 2008 said:
It is always a pleasure when the authority on VCU basketball comes over and lets us know how good or bad we are. Keep it up. Just a tip though if you create your own post rather than using one of the several existing ones you will get more attention for yourself. Oh, never mind.

Your hard on for me is getting scary. Seriously dude, if you don't want to read my post, maybe don't click on the link? Just a tip for how the internet works.

Regardless, I think Lee-Sanders and Hassell/Skeen are going to be some of the best big man battles the CAA has seen in quite some time.

DB, I also think all those games are winnable, provided we do a couple things. Mainly, don't turn the ball over, make our FT's and continue to shoot well from the outside. I don't know if we will be able to dominate the boards the way we have early on against the likes of Mizzou, Gtown, Dayton and Miss St., but I think we certainly have the ability too.

Regardless, the CAA is actually much better than people are giving it credit for being, considering that there are ALOT of young teams with talent (UNCW, VCU, GMU) that haven't even gelled yet mixed in with some solid veteran teams that can play some really good basketball (W&M, ODU, Northeastern). People were talking about this being a down year, but I'd argue that the CAA probably already has as many quality wins this year (Oklahoma, Utah State, Penn St., Richmond) as it did ALL of last year and we still have many more opportunities to make some noise. And that doesn't even take into consideration the close games against teams like Villanova, Ga Tech, UConn, Siena, Niagra etc. The CAA really is solid this year and I'm not sure whether that is a good thing or bad thing for ODU. Ha.

Isnt this the guy that called a vcu fan a cock4sucker on another board...ban him

You guys are being ridiculous. Razor and I have had enough of our arguments, but the guy is being very classy over here. I've always publicly stated on Those Other Boards that I always assumed he was a good guy, but that the hostile environment over there is enough to make anyone go crazy.

Leave the guy alone. He's just trying to discuss basketball, and nothing else. Now YOU guys are the ones sounding like the d*cks.

Sometimes said:
You guys are being ridiculous. Razor and I have had enough of our arguments, but the guy is being very classy over here. I've always publicly stated on Those Other Boards that I always assumed he was a good guy, but that the hostile environment over there is enough to make anyone go crazy.

Leave the guy alone. He's just trying to discuss basketball, and nothing else. Now YOU guys are the ones sounding like the d*cks.

I think its funny how easily he can get under somebodies skin without even trying

Mercury said:
I think its funny how easily he can get under somebodies skin without even trying

Hahaha - For real. People around here need to lighten up before this BECOMES Those Other Boards. :lol:

Mercury said:
Sometimes said:

Personally I think he is always trying. He always has an alterior motive. Talking about basketball is great, but every post he makes turns the conversation from VCU to ODU and himself. The things he says about ODU basketball aren't necessarily even wrong, they do look to have a very good team so far, it is just his need to say it repeatedly.

Is it being two-faced when on another board this same guy slams VCU, it's players, coach and team over the vcu-ou game but then comes here and says how impressive we are?

BradRamFan said:
Is it being two-faced when on another board this same guy slams VCU, it's players, coach and team over the vcu-ou game but then comes here and says how impressive we are?
Yeah, I was going to mention that as well, but I didn't want to ramble on. Obviously his comments were not sincere. He just wants to be seen as the nice guy on here so people that don't know any better will be more receptive of him and blow smoke up his behind while he trashes us elsewhere.

disagree. reading some of the nastiness he has posted over the years, we aren't being ridiculous in any way, shape, or form for not wanting him to post here. obviously, he has every right to do so, but it isn't your place to tell people whether or not they are being ridiculous. there are some great posters from other schools who would be great to chat with over here. imo, he ain't one of em. he has written some of the most disrespectful stuff i have ever read on any board. screw that.

and guys, can we please find a synoym for 'classy"? purdy please?

buckwheat said:
and guys, can we please find a synoym for 'classy"? purdy please?
THIS, sweet lord in heaven, this.

When I hear sports fans use the term "classy," I can't help but imagine someone that has both casual and dress Zubaz (the church Zubaz, if you will), drinks Coors Light in an oversize brandy snifter, and drives a ridiculous Cadillac pickup truck.

As for razor, meh... sure he can be a trouble maker, but he isn't being one here and now, so maybe punishing good behavior, even if just a facade, isn't the best way to encourage better behavior in the future. We could stand to be a little less enclaveish around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back