Discuss among yourselves....

We played good teams early on cause of those tournaments, which we aren't in this year. I think Mason is in the one we were in last year. I'm not sure how those work so why didn't we get into one this year? Though that might not be a bad thing because of how young we are.

ChiaPete said:
We played good teams early on cause of those tournaments, which we aren't in this year. I think Mason is in the one we were in last year. I'm not sure how those work so why didn't we get into one this year? Though that might not be a bad thing because of how young we are.
Most of these tourneys are all Invitations. I know the Preseason NIT only allows one team per conference.

ChiaPete said:

I don't know the rule exact but you cant be in one of those exempt tournaments every year. You have to take one off

Mercury said:
ChiaPete said:

I don't know the rule exact but you cant be in one of those exempt tournaments every year. You have to take one off

an article about changes in the rules re: exempt tournaments
http://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2009/ ... wealth-the
. . .
Of these 11 conferences, the Mountain West did the best in terms of getting its teams into exempt events. Eight of the nine MWC members will participate in one, with Air Force being the only exception. Other noteworthy teams from these conferences who won't participate in an exempt event this season include New Mexico State, Southern Illinois, UTEP, and VCU. . . .

Back