DISTRICT BALLER'S TOP BIG MEN

That 2nd list you came up with looks a little more accurate today don't you think? ;)

VCU4LIFE said:
That 2nd list you came up with looks a little more accurate today don't you think? ;)

That's why I titled the 2nd list 'DB's Real Top 5 Big Men'. :lol:

Ha! That exchange in the postgame press conference is priceless!!! Watch the video at the top of the page to hear that....

UNCW before the game:

“I think we've got the best frontcourt in the CAA,” Mercer said. “They've been going out all year and getting the job done. I don't think anything really changes other than the name on the front of the jersey.”

“I feel good about the challenge,” Fields said. “He's a great player, NBA prospect and I just need me and the other posts to come out and have a great game against him. We need to dominate the boards and control the paint like we did at Richmond and we'll be fine.”

Fields has been just what the UNCW interior defense was missing and should snap the school's single season record for blocks (57) by the end of the month. Therefore, he knows the secret to attacking Sanders, who possesses a 7-foot, 7-inch wingspan that NBA scouts love.

“When guys have success against me they go right into my numbers,” Fields said. “I know he's a good shotblocker, but we're not going to back down. We've just got to go to the rim hard and aggressive, like we've been doing and things will just fall where they may.”

VCU after the game:

Larry: "This is a credit to Jamie Skeen and Terrance Saintil that in my opinion we have the best frontcourt in the league, so I just want to add that."
Jamie: "Somebody else said that too didn't they? What team was that?"
Larry: "I can't remember."
Jamie: "Oh ok."
Joey: "It was them."

Have we grown out of the Boo Boo stage and into the Sunshine Era? :!: :lol:

All the remaining Florida boys are playing great!! :D

BAFanVCU said:
VCU Finance 2008 said:
:lol:

Joey seems to find all of the bulletin board material.

Joey said in a post game once when talking about keeping up with RPI and out of conference play..."call me 'sportscenter' cuz I know everything." hilarious.

He must spend more time on VCURamNation then I do. I have seen quotes from the other plays that mention that Joey is the one that keeps them up on all of the stuff. He might be looking for a spot on the RamNation team one day after his playing days are over.

I am going to have to admit that John fields > kirill/hinton. But I will also say his numbers were down some do to uncw gaurd play. Everytime they brought the ball down someone sole the ball before they could get it to fields.

And what did Fields accomplish on the other end of the floor Dan??

I heard a lot more about his accomplishments on defense than I did about his offensive game. How he was leading the CAA in blocks, blah blah blah. Looked to me like he didn't want any piece of anything we threw at him on that end either!

VCU4LIFE said:
And what did Fields accomplish on the other end of the floor Dan??

I heard a lot more about his accomplishments on defense than I did about his offensive game. How he was leading the CAA in blocks, blah blah blah. Looked to me like he didn't want any piece of anything we threw at him on that end either!
Trust me I'm not a John fields fan but I do think he is better than we made him look yesturday. We made him look like a little school girl and I'm pretty sure he is slightly better than that.

Back