Donte Williams (2010) and Tony Parker (2012) VCU targets

ramnation

Insider
Both of these guys play for Miller Grove in the Atlanta area. Williams is a 3 star on rivals and a 90 on ESPN (#15 center). Tony Parker is unranked on Rivals but a 97 on ESPN. VCU is mentioned in both of their lists.

Here's an update from Rivals from yesterday's Flyin to the Hoop tournament in Ohio.

Williams a long and athletic player on the interior who isn't asked to do much scoring, and is simply counted on to block shots and provide energy. On Saturday Williams struggled some, and only finished with six points and two rebounds. Still the unsigned senior is attracting quite a bit of college attention because of his ability to finish above the rim and make an impact on the defensive end.

Donte Williams has offers from UAB, Georgia, Central Florida, Tennessee, VCU, and Auburn.

VCU is also listed in Miller Grove big man Tony Parker's list as well, but he looks like he's definitely going to a major school looking at the rest of the schools on the list.

One thing is for sure, the big man from Miller Grove isn't quite as big anymore. Parker has done an incredible job of re-shaping his body in a short period of time and now looks to be in excellent shape. Parker looked more athletic, quicker, and in better shape than he ever was during the summer, and it paid off on Saturday. Despite missing some easy shots around the rim, Parker was still able to finish with 12 points and nine rebounds. Overall he was clearly the biggest force on the court, and was instrumental in Miller Grove's big win over Aiken.

Tony Parker said that UConn leads with Tennessee right there. Also he is hearing from Duke, North Caorlina, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma State, and VCU. Parker has offers from the Bulldogs, Yellow Jackets, Huskies, and Volunteers.

http://georgiatech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1040729

Donte has been mentioned on these boards for awhile now. Tony Parker is new and this is the first I've heard of us recruiting him. Kid is a bigtime 2012 recruit. He is a 5-star recruit on Scout and the #4 center in the Class of 2012.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=4112397

That list doesn't look too promising for us, but it's always nice to be listed with these types of guys. Only mid-major on his list.

Donte Williams was being recruited by Georgia State, but I guess they're off his list now. I'm pretty sure Georgia has used up all their scholarships now as has Auburn. I don't really believe that Tennessee has offered as these lists are based off of the recruits themselves. I'm sure they are recruiting him, but doubt they've offered. That leaves UAB and Central Florida, which I think VCU stacks up favorably against.

Except we've already used up all our scholarships for 2010 as well (Reco McCarter and Rob Brandenberg). Perhaps we are still recruiting Williams' as insurance for if Larry leaves early.

Back