EA tells NCAA Basketball games to hit the showers

xjohnx

Original Gangster
Elite Member
EA tells NCAA Basketball games to hit the showers, 'reviewing' future of franchise

"We do not have an NCAA Basketball game in development at this time, and we're currently reviewing the future of our NCAA Basketball business," said EA Sports' senior director of communications David Tinson in a recent Game Informer interview. "This was a difficult decision, but we remain a committed partner to the NCAA and its member institutions."

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/10/ea-te ... viewing-f/

I hope NCAA lets 2k sports make games again. College hoops 2k8 is still the best college basketball game. NCAA basketball has nothing on that game. I remember when I tried NCAA march madness 08 for PS3(year before it changed to NCAA basketball). What a piece of crap. Outside of major teams arenas looked like a joke. EA sports decided to buy the rights to every sport thus ruining competition. EA sports knew it couldn't compete. Gamestop dudes would tell me how bad sales were for NCAA basketball. Mainly because many like myself just go on 2kshare(A option on the 2k8 game that allows you to download rosters,chants,etc) and update rosters. Cool thing about 2k8 is that you can always go back to old rosters. You could have Shuler hitting a clutch three one second and the next you could have Skeen slamming home a dunk.

At least I got the last issue. And to think, they were starting to improve the game...

I still play 2K8, because EA's games are awful. Sure, they look pretty, but the mechanics of the gameplay are completely off.

vcubanana said:
This years' version is 10 times better than the previous year.

Which still means it can't hold a candle to 2K, since 2K8 is about 50 times better than that.

Back