early season grade by the Jazz broadcasting group on Maynor

Eric Maynor
Move over, D-Will. Literally.
As good as Matthews has been, Maynor was been more of a surprise. And much needed, considering the Jazz have been searching for years to find a competent back-up point guard.
Maynor’s play has been good enough to allow Jerry Sloan to slide Williams over to shooting guard. In certain situations, this is a great backcourt combination.
As teams begin to adequately scout Maynor, he has to focus on shot selection. I’d rather he use that incredible speed to create shots for his teammates.
Grade: B

So I guess Eric is no longer slow.

A grade B in the NBA could equate to a nice 10 year career at $4-5 million per year.

Just remember who got you there Eric! Next time you come to see us I want to see a Ram Athletic Fund on that head!

Love the guy!

VRam said:
So I guess Eric is no longer slow.

He isn't overly fast in terms of speed. That's Ty Lawson. Eric Maynor can switch speeds on a dime, which is why he is so devastating on drives to the basket. That coupled with his change of direction and he looks very fast on the court. It's more quickness than being fast I would say. Either way, E has a long NBA career ahead of him. Which is great for VCU.

fmrick said:
A grade B in the NBA could equate to a nice 10 year career at $4-5 million per year.

Just remember who got you there Eric! Next time you come to see us I want to see a Ram Athletic Fund on that head!

Love the guy!
you know honestly I could really see Eric donating money back to vcu. Just from his return this past week, he wasn't like oh I'm to good now. I felt like it was more of, "man I love coming back to vcu." He was talking and joking with the guys and I truly believe he loves vcu. So in the future at some point if we decide to expand the siegel center or whatever I could see Eric through in some dough.

I watached and listened to the game online/radio. I hope I don't hear another VCU representative publicaly hit Maynor up for money again. I would love to see him become a great donor for the program, but to publicly hit him up for cash is very Bush league. I'm sure every one who has every known him is doing the same thing....and all of this while his is trying to take care of his family and career starting responsibilities.

By and large, the VCU faithful are tactful. Please continue to be so.

Eric was and is a great representative for VCU. While at the game the other night, the kids were constantly asking him to autograph this or that and Eric just kept smiling and signing. He at no point told any of them, I'm too busy talking, etc. I hope he always remains the way he is. A great example to the youth and a great rep. for VCU and the Utah Jazz.

He's gonna need some sort of tax write offs when he pulls in the multi million dollar deals! He's a family guy. IMO, there isn't a better choice than the school who helped him get to the next level.

VCU MJ said:
I watched and listened to the game online/radio. I hope I don't hear another VCU representative publicly hit Maynor up for money again. I would love to see him become a great donor for the program, but to publicly hit him up for cash is very Bush league. I'm sure every one who has every known him is doing the same thing....and all of this while his is trying to take care of his family and career starting responsibilities.

woa slow your role bro...I said I could see him doing it, not saying he has to. Also if he chooses to do so I don't think it shouldn't even be public. I think his giving should be private unless he wants his name on some building lol. While I didn't here what some announcers said, I would prally agree. But you need to chill on me.

vcu_dan said:
woa slow your role bro...

Ha, I love this saying. I dont care about the disagreement, just this saying always gets me. :lol:

Frankly, Eric doesn't owe VCU anything. We have benefited mightily from having him at our school and he's responsible for bringing in a lot of $ and publicity to the program. I couldn't care less if he ever donates a dime. That said, I couldn't make the game against RI but I thought he donated at half-time...I heard Robbie say something about him becoming an RAF member and getting him to be a Battering Ram level donor down the road (that was a little tactless IMO).

vcu_dan said:
VCU MJ said:
I watched and listened to the game online/radio. I hope I don't hear another VCU representative publicly hit Maynor up for money again. I would love to see him become a great donor for the program, but to publicly hit him up for cash is very Bush league. I'm sure every one who has every known him is doing the same thing....and all of this while his is trying to take care of his family and career starting responsibilities.

woa slow your role bro...I said I could see him doing it, not saying he has to. Also if he chooses to do so I don't think it shouldn't even be public. I think his giving should be private unless he wants his name on some building lol. While I didn't here what some announcers said, I would prally agree. But you need to chill on me.

All is good......your post reminded me of what I heard on the radio, and how I felt about that. My comment was mostly about VCU offical representatives putting him on the spot.

While I don't think any of us fans should do it either, its really a different thing.

Back