Recruiting Eli Rice: Closed

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Just stumbled on to his IG feed after Trey Green's decision. Not even on twitter This is pretty big.. another elite shooting guard

6'7 195...dude is smooth..currently at IMG(post grad?)

His 3 choices are Georgetown, VCU and Nebraska...coming on his 18th birthday! August 10th..darn it.. the short is going to disappear from his feed...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220806-165024_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220806-165024_Instagram.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I don't see him ranked in any recruiting service yet, wonder where he ends up.

He is definitely under the radar because he only played 2 years...he hurt his back one year..missed a aau...played high school...then covid hit and missed aau a second time...played this year enough to go to the state playoffs this year. So his exposure was limited
....he still managed pretty good offer list considering.

Last edited:
He is definitely under the radar because he only played 2 years...he hurt his back one year..missed a aau...played high school...then covid hit and could play aau a second time...played this year enough to go to the state playoffs this year. So his exposure was limited
....he still managed pretty good offer list considering.
I guess the limited exposure is why he has so many videos available. he looks good. Listed as a guard, I think he would be a sing with us. He can definitely shoot it. Maybe a sniper to replace Shriver.

Here is what I find interesting. Eli only follows 69 ppl on twitter but he follows Jamal Brunt, Big B and. @MobileMunchies @vcuboy22 and another vcu alum I don't recognize...that 5 out of 69 connected to vcu.

This is as secretive an announcement that I have ever seen. No activity or chatter about eli announcing next on ether the georgetown board or Nebraska board.

I think he chooses vcu. That exactly how this staff works.

He is definitely under the radar because he only played 2 years...he hurt his back one year..missed a aau...played high school...then covid hit and could play aau a second time...played this year enough to go to the state playoffs this year. So his exposure was limited
sounds like a guy we land and the board lines up behind what a “diamond in the rough“ he is…how he flew under the radar…how he really wants to be here…perfect fit…chip on his shoulder…etc etc

Back