Recruiting Elmarko Jackson: Closed

duncanlamb

Elite Member
It's overdue that we started an Elmarko Jackson
Thread.

"
Elmarko Jackson. is the No. 76 ranked player in the 2022 On3 Consensus. The 6-foot-3 point guard at Richland (NJ) Academy of the New Church is physically built with elite-level speed.

“I am a point guard, Jackson told On3. “I try to make the game easier for everyone on the floor with me. We have a good team, with a lot of talent. It is my job to make sure the ball is moving, and everything is working within the flow of the offense. Last year I turned the ball over more than I wanted. Now the game is slowing down. I can make all the reads; I’ve been putting in a lot of work. I watch a lot of Donovan Mitchell and his footwork and Kyrie Irving with his crafty finishes.”

He was named the On3 Awards Most Valuable Player of the UAA Session 1 with his steady and dynamic play for We R 1. On3 caught up with Elmarko Jackson this weekend to see the latest on his recruitment

I hear a lot from St. John’s, Seton Hall, Maryland, VCU, and Cal,” Jackson said. “I have visited Seton Hall, Maryland, St. John’s, Miami, and VCU. I have talked with the new staff at Maryland, but that visit was with the old staff. I don’t have any official visits set yet; not sure if I will take any junior year officials. I hear a lot from UConn, Wake Forest, and Michigan. None of them have offered yet.”
"

VCU: “They are a gritty team. Bones Hyland, who played for my same AAU program, went there. They play defense and force teams to play at their pace. They also give their guards a lot of freedom to make plays.”

Here is a great expose on expose produced on Elmarko Jackson last month. Any long time VCU fan watching this will come away with the feeling that this kid is VCU as you can get.. love this dude.

Last edited:

Two weeks ago, WER1(Elmarko Jackson, Thomas Haugh) vs. Team Durrant ( Janathan Lamothe, Kwame Evans, Carlton Carrington).

Kwame Evans is the ranked #2 5* receuit in the nation and Elmarko Jackson took it to him!

"Jackson has been hearing from the likes of Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Kansas State recently. Others like Syracuse, Miami, Maryland and VCU have been involved and are potential spots for Jackson to visit but he took the opportunity to discuss what he thinks about the recent entrants into his recruitment with 247Sports.".

For now, Jackson is looking to do more homework on the schools he's just getting to know while continuing to build relationships with those who have already been an established presence in his recruitment. Look for him to see who is staying engaged with him before starting to make moves towards a commitment after the summer.

plan on cutting down my list at the end of the summer and then commit late fall. I’ll be looking for a good campus atmosphere, play style, player development, a nice living situation along with the academics.”

Start the Conversation">247Sports

Bingo...visit #3 this summer!

"
Jackson, who is currently No. 72 in the Top247, said he also hopes to visit VCU, Miami, and Syracuse, but does not plan to officially cut his list down until later this summer – presumably after the June and July recruiting periods.".

Last edited:
So there’s a transfer portal for high school?
No portal. High school players transfer between prep schools all the time during the summer.

The Kent school is intriguing because Jackson is teaming up with Jalal Mckie, a reclassified '22 to '23 SF whom the VCU staff monitored closely for a period but never offered. Coach Jamal Brunt and JD byers served as point on mckie.

Mckie is 6'5 small forward who players bigger than his size in the style of burgess and Graham.

mckie is originally from Atlanta and knows deloach. He suffered from lack of exposure by electing to stay off the shoe sponsored aau circuits. But he is really good. He had one of the best best midrange games in the class of 22. He also played at Westlake which presses and he was at the head of the press. Fundamentally sound offensively and high bball IQ.

I see mckie finally getting the exposure necessary to blow up this coming prep year.

Depending on the situation, it will be interesting to see if VCU renews the interest in McKie while recruiting jackson.

Last edited:

Elmarko is blowing up now in Kaiser like fashion. Since he isn't visiting anyone until after the July aau season, we have a 50/50 chance of staying in the mix.

Back