Recruiting Elmarko Jackson: Closed

Why? Kansas has like 9 guards returning and I think has already signed another.
They've got 2 opening and it's been rumored Elmarko's been waiting on an Kansas OV.

The Jayhawks have top 100 guards officially visit in the last 2 weeks. I am sure they will have more come thru but Elmarko is one of the big prizes in this class. If his play continues at the same level thru the prep school year then most scouting services project to be a 5* by the final rankings next spring.

They've got 2 opening and it's been rumored Elmarko's been waiting on an Kansas OV.

The Jayhawks have top 100 guards officially visit in the last 2 weeks. I am sure they will have more come thru but Elmarko is one of the big prizes in this class. If his play continues at the same level thru the prep school year then most scouting services project to be a 5* by the final rankings next spring.
Not inferring Kansas wouldn't want him, but does he want to go where the roster is already crowded with highly ranked guards?

Not inferring Kansas wouldn't want him, but does he want to go where the roster is already crowded with highly ranked guards?
Here's another one!

Kansas: “I haven’t visited there yet but Coach Self and Coach Case seem to be really good people. It’s Kansas and they are telling me that they’re graduating four guards so that there’s room to come in and play early…

“I mean, it’s Kansas; they’re a blue blood. They’re telling me they like my game and think I would be a good fit in their backcourt. They see me playing the one/two.”

3 guards ov'd in the last week + Elmarko on the 23rd..now McDowell.

Update

If he commits to Kansas on the 24th then maybe Elmarko cancels on the OV on the 23rd

Last edited:
Here's another one!

Kansas: “I haven’t visited there yet but Coach Self and Coach Case seem to be really good people. It’s Kansas and they are telling me that they’re graduating four guards so that there’s room to come in and play early…

“I mean, it’s Kansas; they’re a blue blood. They’re telling me they like my game and think I would be a good fit in their backcourt. They see me playing the one/two.”

3 guards ov'd in the last week + Elmarko on the 23rd..now McDowell.

Update

If he commits to Kansas on the 24th then maybe Elmarko cancels on the OV on the 23rd

I'm not one to give you shet, DL, but you do know the 23rd comes before the 24th, right? 😉

With as much transferring and early entries these days, I’m not sure how much players will pay attention to the current roster of the teams they’re looking at.
i disagree, i thinks it’s much more likely they will go to a school where they can get playing time early then transfer to a blue blood when theres playing time available. farm team system unfortunately.

Reactions: JDI
i disagree, i thinks it’s much more likely they will go to a school where they can get playing time early then transfer to a blue blood when theres playing time available. farm team system unfortunately.
What I’m saying is that rosters are in such high flux that you can’t look at them when making a decision. 6 of those 9 guys might be gone from Kansas next year. The team you choose could add 3-4 transfers after you’ve already committed. You just have to go where you’re most comfortable and adjust from there.

With as much transferring and early entries these days, I’m not sure how much players will pay attention to the current roster of the teams they’re looking at.
True, a lot of the old assumptions aren't necessarily true anymore.

Back