ESPN - Mid Major Best Teams and Players

VCU CAD03

Elite Member
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/preview2009/columns/story?columnist=fraschilla_fran&id=4641662

VCU
The Rams' three-year regular-season championship run will be severely challenged by ODU, George Mason and Hofstra this season. And although brilliant point guard Eric Maynor is off to the NBA and former coach Anthony Grant left for Alabama, there is a residue of success left behind that will serve this team well. Rapidly improving 6-foot-11 center Larry Sanders is the CAA's best pro prospect and 5-foot-10 junior point guard Joey Rodriguez is as feisty as a middleweight. New VCU coach Shaka Smart arrives from Billy Donovan's staff at Florida and he is a rising star.

Larry Sanders, 6-foot-10, Jr., VCU
Anthony Grant found a gem for the Rams before leaving for Alabama. The late-blooming Sanders went from recruiting afterthought while in high school in Florida to a legitimate NBA first-round prospect in just four years. While Sanders is an excellent shot-blocker and rebounder with a condor-like 7-foot-7 wingspan, he is improving offensively because of great hands, touch and excellent basketball acumen.

This is the second article where Hofstra is in the mix as a legit contender. Interesting....

The CAA Conference really is looking good this year. We have one tough schedule.

xjohnx said:
paone758 said:
more larry sanders pub, im not an insider, but he is the first name mentioned

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/in ... dnba_draft

Another Sanders reference later int he article in the "not so good" section, re: Cole Aldrich.

From getting outplayed by Sanders to struggling to keep up with the fast pace of the five-on-five games at the LeBron camp, Aldrich did little to impress.

In all fairness though, Sanders would make anyone look unimpressive out there. I heard Lebron was so nervous about Larry being in the gym that he got dunked on!

In the past, guys have gotten sore ankles just seeing Larry walk onto the court.

I heard Rashanti Harris isn't even showing up to games for GSU because he was so intimidated!!!!

MarcusNation said:
I heard Rashanti Harris isn't even showing up to games for GSU because he was so intimidated!!!!

I heard somebody had to tell Rashanti Harris what intimidated meant

Back