Findlay College Prep Documentary

Look at the last youtube video after 3:20 when Avery Bradley (Texas) fouls out. Isaiah comes in as the point guard. Watch him get off on the fast break after a block, the defense has no choice but to foul because of how fast he is. He follows it up with an impressive drive to the basket, scoring while getting the foul. He is not tall, but he is VERY quick. Looks faster than Joey and will likely press him for minutes from the get-go.

quality stuff. Grayson gets a good bit of face time, very well spoken young man (3:54 mark of first video).

lol it was like he put a video game cheat code in to give him super turbo

Hey who are you and where did you come from?

Looks like we got a high quality player in Grayson.

VCU Finance 2008 said:

Hi, I'm DB. How's it going? :)

love the fact that he was able to walk away from the situation...hopefully he brings that to some other teammates here

districtballer said:
VCU Finance 2008 said:

Hi, I'm DB. How's it going? :)

Pretty good, glad to see you back. Quickly update me on what has been going on in Ram Land that I don't know about and then go back into hiding until I have caught up to your post count.

Not too much to report at this point. Larry got tatted up BIG time over the summer. Put on some weight, but not close to the 235 reported. I'd say he's around 222-223. Larry's confidence has gone up a lot after playing in some high-profile tournaments. He's in Florida for the weekend. Still needs work on his jumper but is much more aggressive around the basket. He met up with Anthony Lee this past weekend and it seems like they hit it off pretty well! While he didn't commit over the weekend, he was very impressed with VCU. Hopefully he realizes this is the place for him. The coaching staff really likes his game.

Issiah Grayson is the fastest guy on the team by far and I expect that he will be getting a lot of minutes from the very beginning. He has a tendency to overpenetrate and ends up getting caught among the trees sometimes. Coach Smart has been working with him on that. Coach Smart doesn't play either...these kids work harder than they did under Coach Grant if that's possible. He's truly getting them into the best condition of any team in the CAA. Oh yeah and the new strength and conditioning coach is solid. Guys are putting in a lot of time in the gym and it's showing. Kirill put on a good amount of bulk (noticeably bigger than last year).

Word on the street is that Melsahn Basabe has VCU and Siena in his final 2, though I'm not sure how reliable that is. Drexel was also on him pretty hard. We have a lot of highly ranked big men coming in the coming weeks. Shaka is getting some pretty high-profile guys to come visit that even Coach Grant couldn't have gotten. He's relentless as far as recruiting goes.

Welcome back DB...always enyoy your knowledge and insight.

As for Grayson, I think we may have a very special player that flew under the radar. He was backup point guard on the national champion high school team that recruited nationally for their players. Everyone thought he was a junior and had one more year in high school. I have now seen a couple of videos of his play including the ones above and I have not seen anyone keep up with him on the break. That speed and quickness will be an asset on the defensive end as well as on offense.

districtballer said:
He [Issiah Grayson} has a tendency to overpenetrate and ends up getting caught among the trees sometimes.

Joey did/does the same thing going in for the layup. College is a much different game than HS. Unless it is on a fast break or they can stop and pop like Maynor and Dom, a layup in traffic usually results in the ball hitting a big huge branch rather than the basket.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thought we'd never see (read?) you again. welcome back

districtballer said:
Not too much to report at this point. Larry got tatted up BIG time over the summer. Put on some weight, but not close to the 235 reported. I'd say he's around 222-223. Larry's confidence has gone up a lot after playing in some high-profile tournaments. He's in Florida for the weekend. Still needs work on his jumper but is much more aggressive around the basket. He met up with Anthony Lee this past weekend and it seems like they hit it off pretty well! While he didn't commit over the weekend, he was very impressed with VCU. Hopefully he realizes this is the place for him. The coaching staff really likes his game.

Issiah Grayson is the fastest guy on the team by far and I expect that he will be getting a lot of minutes from the very beginning. He has a tendency to overpenetrate and ends up getting caught among the trees sometimes. Coach Smart has been working with him on that. Coach Smart doesn't play either...these kids work harder than they did under Coach Grant if that's possible. He's truly getting them into the best condition of any team in the CAA. Oh yeah and the new strength and conditioning coach is solid. Guys are putting in a lot of time in the gym and it's showing. Kirill put on a good amount of bulk (noticeably bigger than last year).

DB:

You get me jazzed up everytime I read your post! Thanks!

But aren't we just about out of scholly's? Does someone have to go to make room for the big guys?

VCUBeatsduke

Word on the street is that Melsahn Basabe has VCU and Siena in his final 2, though I'm not sure how reliable that is. Drexel was also on him pretty hard. We have a lot of highly ranked big men coming in the coming weeks. Shaka is getting some pretty high-profile guys to come visit that even Coach Grant couldn't have gotten. He's relentless as far as recruiting goes.

Back