Forced to be reseated in a non-reseating year????

Has anyone else received a phone call telling them that they are going to be reseated even though they decided not do an actual reseating this year?

Logistical stuff out of the way: email will go out to everyone next week regarding donor benefit changes, changes to hospitality, when this year's donation money is due etc. A little bit of info in there that affects all donor/season ticket holders in some way.

That said, apparently some people (myself included) are going to be forced to be reseated THIS year. I was told that they are moving back to the old donor level seating chart where you can only sit in the sections designated for your donor level. However, they have decided to go ahead and move those that have seats in new "higher donor level" areas than what their current giving amount is.

On top of that, since there isn't going to be an actual reseating to the masses this season, I not only will have to be placed in their newly designated area based on my donor level, but it will be randomly open/available seats because everyone else has their seats already (at least until the reseating takes place...presumably next year).

This just seems blatantly wrong and unjustifiable to me. Either do a reseating and implement the changes or don't, but it can't be both.

So I was curious if others got this call and if that was the same information that was outlined to them.

I've been told we are to embrace change.

So I guess I can only really say, enjoy your new seat(s)

I don't know but the season ticket information is down on the VCU site lol. And the communication I get is always really bad. I did find the updated donor benefits chart though.

Has anyone else received a phone call telling them that they are going to be reseated even though they decided not do an actual reseating this year?

Logistical stuff out of the way: email will go out to everyone next week regarding donor benefit changes, changes to hospitality, when this year's donation money is due etc. A little bit of info in there that affects all donor/season ticket holders in some way.

That said, apparently some people (myself included) are going to be forced to be reseated THIS year. I was told that they are moving back to the old donor level seating chart where you can only sit in the sections designated for your donor level. However, they have decided to go ahead and move those that have seats in new "higher donor level" areas than what their current giving amount is.

On top of that, since there isn't going to be an actual reseating to the masses this season, I not only will have to be placed in their newly designated area based on my donor level, but it will be randomly open/available seats because everyone else has their seats already (at least until the reseating takes place...presumably next year).

This just seems blatantly wrong and unjustifiable to me. Either do a reseating and implement the changes or don't, but it can't be both.

So I was curious if others got this call and if that was the same information that was outlined to them.
I like the idea. If you arent donating in that level you really shouldnt be there if they have demand for those seats. However, I do believe that you shouldnt be given remnants of what is left in your designated area as well.

Its a balancing act that should be considered on a case by case basis. At the very least they should have explained to you the risk of sitting in a higher section

Last edited:
I like the idea. If you arent donating in that level you really shouldnt be there if they have demand for those eats. However, I do believe that you shouldnt be given remnants of what is left in your designated area as well.
Many thought there was no longer any demand.

I thought during the reseatings everyone was forced to buy in their giving amount? I know I was.

I thought during the reseatings everyone was forced to buy in their giving amount? I know I was.
Some people may have decreased their donation after the reseating and no longer give at the same level that got them the seats.

I have not heard anything about this. Did you somehow get into high donor seats?

I have not heard anything about this. Did you somehow get into high donor seats?
I suppose "high donor" is all relative, however, I'm at a Super Ram donor level and very high when it comes to priority points. When the last reseating took place, they did away with the donor seating areas and put more emphasis on priority points. That combination allowed me to get seats that they are now deeming too good for the amount of money I give I suppose. I didn't reduce the giving level after getting the seats, either. But I donate a lot of money each year and chose my seats based on the criteria they put out there. Now they seem like they are saying "whoopsies, lets change this" in a non-reseating year.

I suppose "high donor" is all relative, however, I'm at a Super Ram donor level and very high when it comes to priority points. When the last reseating took place, they did away with the donor seating areas and put more emphasis on priority points. That combination allowed me to get seats that they are now deeming too good for the amount of money I give I suppose. I didn't reduce the giving level after getting the seats, either. But I donate a lot of money each year and chose my seats based on the criteria they put out there. Now they seem like they are saying "whoopsies, lets change this" in a non-reseating year.
Gotcha. When reseating occurs I will have to up my game if I want good to stay. I will make that decision when it happens. I have not gotten a phone call.

Gotcha. When reseating occurs I will have to up my game if I want good to stay. I will make that decision when it happens. I have not gotten a phone call.
Yeah I'm with you. And to be clear, if they want to move back to the seating zone model and even increase the amount needed to sit in that area, that's totally fine. But to single out those that didn't do anything wrong and make them change their seats simply b/c what appears to be them saying that my seats are too good for me (they wouldn't say that when I specifically asked, but they also didn't say it wasn't), that seems inappropriate. That should be something that gets sorted out during an actual reseating period.

Yeah I'm with you. And to be clear, if they want to move back to the seating zone model and even increase the amount needed to sit in that area, that's totally fine. But to single out those that didn't do anything wrong and make them change their seats simply b/c what appears to be them saying that my seats are too good for me (they wouldn't say that when I specifically asked, but they also didn't say it wasn't), that seems inappropriate. That should be something that gets sorted out during an actual reseating period.
There is seating open near me. Mid-court up top. Come sit with me. I am fun during games. Well, maybe that is just an overinflated opinion of myself.

Last edited:
Back