Forced to be reseated in a non-reseating year????

There is a good chance that restructuring in college basketball will continue. There may be opportunities for us in the big east or acc after restructuring occurs. As a program IMHO I believe we need to position ourselves for future opportunities. It costs money, not just for basketball, but for all sports that need to be able to compete at the next level.

It will probably take the combination of big donors and more of our fans contributing, whether they watch games from home or purchase season tickets.

Should we be spending like we have revenue streams that are not present? Or is the financial situation within VCU Athletics not as dire as it seems? We have a ton of student fees coming in to subsidize the program(s). We also have fairly good attendance numbers and a steady stram of NCAA shares coming our way. Could we be fine financially and are just swinging for the fences when it comes to season tickets/ donation requirements? I hear all this doom and gloom but we seem to be standing strong on our expenses. If there are cuts being made (other than to donor perks) I do not see them.
Yeah, I have seen a few cuts. They did get rid of soda in the Commonwealth Room for a few months.

And what has been the return on all of those investments? Take out the NCAA Tournament run in 2011 and where is the return? Based on those investments, how do you justify not advancing to the second weekend in 12 consecutive years. How do you justify VCU's MTE failures over those years? The return is just not there.

And before anyone plays the coaching carousel card, VCU will always be a revolving door for up and coming coaches. Posters are already talking about how VCU will be lucky to hold onto Coach Odom for 3 - 5 years. Success breeds success, and VCU has not had the success over the last 10 years to match the investment into the program.
I disagree with you in so many ways. I wrote it all out, but just am not getting into it with this fanbase that does more damage with their negativity. At least you can usually be positive. By the way, we have missed Sweet 16's by bad games or bad end of games under coaches back to Barnett. Most programs have never sniffed a Sweet 16, UR's two is certainly a source of pride and should be.

But they aren't doing reseat, they are seating people where they chose to sit per donor level.
If someone is being moved out of the "Seating Map" higher level, they are being reseated, it is just not everyone. There are over half the season tickets unsold last year and there are no donors who need to move, because a new donor is at a higher level than the person currently seated in a higher level. The same if the donor increased their level. The current donors at the 10K + level, do not exist to fill the seating maps' 10K area, or any of the other higher levels. VCU appears to also assume that a donor will want seats in their level. Some may want to sit with friends at a lower level, or don't want to climb the steps. I doubt that even when all season tickets were sold, that there were enough 10K donors to fill the seat map.

If someone is being moved out of the "Seating Map" higher level, they are being reseated, it is just not everyone. There are over half the season tickets unsold last year and there are no donors who need to move, because a new donor is at a higher level than the person currently seated in a higher level. The same if the donor increased their level. The current donors at the 10K + level, do not exist to fill the seating maps' 10K area, or any of the other higher levels. VCU appears to also assume that a donor will want seats in their level. Some may want to sit with friends at a lower level, or don't want to climb the steps. I doubt that even when all season tickets were sold, that there were enough 10K donors to fill the seat map.
To be fair they are not being reseated. They are being told to pay the amount designated for the section they are sitting in. It happened to me. I had the choice of paying the fee or changing the donation level. I did neither. I took my $ and moved on my own.

I disagree with you in so many ways. I wrote it all out, but just am not getting into it with this fanbase that does more damage with their negativity. At least you can usually be positive. By the way, we have missed Sweet 16's by bad games or bad end of games under coaches back to Barnett. Most programs have never sniffed a Sweet 16, UR's two is certainly a source of pride and should be.

Everyone hasn't had the experience you may have had. If you are in the top 10% in giving, then you probably have no idea how many of the other donors/season ticket holders have been treated. 90% of the donors probably haven't had a legitimate conversation with Ed because he's not approachable unless you are a large donor, and 99% have never been on a charter flight with Ed and the team. Most donors are everyday Joe's giving what they can afford to support the program and hopefully be able to afford season tickets. Ed has basically created his own little caste system within the donor base.

Most of the negativity regarding seating is/was created 100% by bad business decisions made by Ed and his staff. I have personally expressed my personal concerns to the AD to only have to wait 4 months for a response that basically blew me off. Quite a few posters on these boards have not renewed their season tickets due to being priced out and I will bet you 90% of them have not even received a personal follow-up call/email asking them why they are not renewing. That's just bad customer service and bad business in general.

You can complain about the negativity on these boards all you want, but if VCU loses 30% in season ticket sales this year as someone has stated, then maybe that negativity has some merit and it's time the administration and posters like you start listening to those concerns.

I have had season tickets every year since the 1980's, am a CC member and bleed black and gold as much as anyone. I am all for the program moving forward and will continue to contribute what I can, but I will NOT be treated like a second class citizen by this AD and his administration just because I am not in the top 10% in annual giving. I also expect a return on my increased giving, whether through the RAF and/or season ticket prices. And that return is the product on the court. Hopefully Coach Odom can elevate this program to higher levels before the P5 schools come calling, but whether you agree or not, this program has been stuck in the mud for the last 8 - 10 years, yet we have been constantly asked to donate more. The needle has not moved since Shaka left, even after building one of the elite basketball practice facilities in the country along with all of the other perks that have been added to this program.

To be fair they are not being reseated. They are being told to pay the amount designated for the section they are sitting in. It happened to me. I had the choice of paying the fee or changing the donation level. I did neither. I took my $ and moved on my own.
There are no Donors paying the amount to replace them, they/you were forced to move. That is being reseated. If they strictly enforce the seating map the center sections will fill up with Single game purchases. Multiple the number of seats per row times the number of rows for the 7 center sections. It's also possible that some donors get floor seat ($$$) or in the luxury box or want seats higher in the stands. VCU would need to provide 2023/2024 donations and ticket after the deadline for donations to see if there was an increase or decrease. I suggest that everyone who has been impacted by the "Seat movement" ask VCU via FOIA for this information. My seat in S24, R-N, Seats 3&4 were not sold last year that is the 1st row of $5,000 level, so did VCU gain anything from losing another CCM donor?

There are no Donors paying the amount to replace them, they/you were forced to move. That is being reseated. If they strictly enforce the seating map the center sections will fill up with Single game purchases. Multiple the number of seats per row times the number of rows for the 7 center sections. It's also possible that some donors get floor seat ($$$) or in the luxury box or want seats higher in the stands. VCU would need to provide 2023/2024 donations and ticket after the deadline for donations to see if there was an increase or decrease. I suggest that everyone who has been impacted by the "Seat movement" ask VCU via FOIA for this information. My seat in S24, R-N, Seats 3&4 were not sold last year that is the 1st row of $5,000 level, so did VCU gain anything from losing another CCM donor?
curious how much did they make you pay for your FOIA request ?(dm if uncomfortable give this info) thanks

Is this even legal? VCU: Pardon me, YOU are in the wrong seats. Me: EXCUSE ME, I’m sitting where I picked when we did the last reseating.

curious how much did they make you pay for your FOIA request ?(dm if uncomfortable give this info) thanks

I don't remember paying anything. They have to let you know if they need to charge you.

I also got a postcard yesterday afternoon in the mail stating yesterday was the last day to renew season tickets. By the time most people picked up their mail yesterday, the ticket office would have been closed. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to mail out a reminder. Such a good use of operating funds!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

I also got a postcard yesterday afternoon in the mail stating yesterday was the last day to renew season tickets. By the time most people picked up their mail yesterday, the ticket office would have been closed. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to mail out a reminder. Such a good use of operating funds!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
i got the postcard yesterday as well. I noticed that the post mark was may 22

Back