Former Recruits and Players

Grap, that is correct. Three million a year guaranteed for six years, with an option on year seven, plus some incentives. $18,000,000 over six years with no state income tax is a large amount of money. I can't blame him for leaving, although the way he did so was not my style. C'est la vie.

Bah. My intense negativity bleeds into all of my posts, regardless of thread topic. Grumble, grumble.

On a more serious note, I do wonder what went down with Henry. Weird town all around.

Is Savage definitely transferring from Gee Dub? I seem to recall we were also interested in him during the old regime.

Bah. My intense negativity bleeds into all of my posts, regardless of thread topic. Grumble, grumble.

On a more serious note, I do wonder what went down with Henry. Weird town all around.

Is Savage definitely transferring from Gee Dub? I seem to recall we were also interested in him during the old regime.

Savage is heading to Butler.

I can get preachy with the best of them.:D I know I'll end up being a hypocrite because it doesn't take a lot to make me pissy.

Mack on way home from Texas, says it was “unbelievable”

We just talked with Tevin Mack while he was waiting to board a plane back to South Carolina from Austin, where he spent the weekend taking in the sights and sounds of the University of Texas campus.

The excitement is Mack’s voice was apparent as he told us of the “unbelievable place” he found the UT campus to be. Among the highlights of his trip was spending time with head football coach (and former Columbia resident) Charlie Strong, hanging with basketball coach Shaka Smart as he threw out the first pitch at a Lady Longhorns softball game, and being able to experience campus life while school was in session.

Coming up later this evening, we’ll be posting our exclusive interview with Mack. Stay tuned.

**FOR THE UNAWARE, MACK WAS IN AUSTIN AN EXTRA DAY ONLY BECAUSE SEVERE WEATHER CANCELLED HIS SCHEDULED FLIGHT ON SUNDAY.

Mack on way home from Texas, says it was “unbelievable”

We just talked with Tevin Mack while he was waiting to board a plane back to South Carolina from Austin, where he spent the weekend taking in the sights and sounds of the University of Texas campus.

The excitement is Mack’s voice was apparent as he told us of the “unbelievable place” he found the UT campus to be. Among the highlights of his trip was spending time with head football coach (and former Columbia resident) Charlie Strong, hanging with basketball coach Shaka Smart as he threw out the first pitch at a Lady Longhorns softball game, and being able to experience campus life while school was in session.

Coming up later this evening, we’ll be posting our exclusive interview with Mack. Stay tuned.

**FOR THE UNAWARE, MACK WAS IN AUSTIN AN EXTRA DAY ONLY BECAUSE SEVERE WEATHER CANCELLED HIS SCHEDULED FLIGHT ON SUNDAY.
Hanging out with the football coach.

I STILL THINK TEVIN IS COMING HERE.

Just kidding. I think he'll end up at Texas - just hope he finds the minutes and exposure there he would have elsewhere.

Anyone have any idea what Jordan Murphy is up to? I haven't seen a thing about him since he decommitted.

Anyone have any idea what Jordan Murphy is up to? I haven't seen a thing about him since he decommitted.
I think he's currently on an official at Minnesota. He just did an official with Boston College a few days ago. No idea who is the front runner for him at the moment.

If he goes to a school that rarely gets into the NCAA Tourney when he could have come here, then I've gotta just SMDH.
Seriously, this would make no god darn sense to me whatsoever.

If he goes to a school that rarely gets into the NCAA Tourney when he could have come here, then I've gotta just SMDH.
Recruiting is definitely an odd thing. I believe the old school thought about playing for a winner doesn't apply like it used to for some reason. I guess it's the free agent mentality. Definitely it seems more and more that the "education" aspect is certainly tertiary to the whole process, in the majority of cases. It's more about the role and the minutes and the comfort level with the staff.

Back