Former Recruits and Players

2 former players were capable of being convinced to engage in the us vs them high level ($$$$$) conflict spiel. The rest who left took it as an opportunity to change paths. Just imagine if the rest of us refused to engage in finger-pointing and blame-shifting designed to prevent the masses from shifting their eyes toward the real issue... the big money people.

He hated to leave the players, but he threw Ed and Dr. Rao under the bus (while praising the leadership at PSU) and said that VCU just wasn't good enough to accomplish things he wanted to accomplish despite supposedly asking for ideas.
Hm. So he may have been under more pressure from Ed and Dr. Rao than we saw from the outside. Ok.

Hm. So he may have been under more pressure from Ed and Dr. Rao than we saw from the outside. Ok.
That may be the case, but I think he got really pissed that we moved on so quickly. Ed saw what was happening and didn’t wait around for Rhoades to make his decision. And that’s how we had a new coach in less than 24 hours. Ed did what he needed to do for the program and (rightfully) didn’t care if it rubbed Mike the wrong way. And Mike has shown on multiple occasions that he has incredibly thin skin.

That may be the case, but I think he got really pissed that we moved on so quickly. Ed saw what was happening and didn’t wait around for Rhoades to make his decision. And that’s how we had a new coach in less than 24 hours. Ed did what he needed to do for the program and (rightfully) didn’t care if it rubbed Mike the wrong way. And Mike has shown on multiple occasions that he has incredibly thin skin.
Yup, Ed was 100% in the right on this one. I'm glad he had that connection with Odom in his back pocket for such an occasion.

And to further my point here. If Ed had waited around on Rhoades, then Odom might have ended up at USF and there’s no telling what kind of disaster we could have had in the coaching search. Mike isn’t happy that Ed didn’t show him enough respect even though doing that might have severely damaged our program’s future.

With where VCU is in the CBB pecking order, Ed would be negligent not to take decisive action when necessary.

So I haven't listened to it, still debating. But riddle me this, MR begged AG for a job, worked under SS and went to the FF, chose to accept the HC job when supposedly he was in the mix for a HC job somewhere else. With all of that and all his experience with VCU, why did he take job and multiple extensions if VCU was not good enough?

Back