FoxSports.com: Daniels Gaining Valuable Minutes in CBI

districtballer

Elite Member
Pretty cool to see VCU still getting pub in the media despite playing in the CBI, regarding a freshman no less.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/...-using-postseason-to-improve-defense-57479614

At times this season, Daniels has played less than a handful of minutes for the Rams. At other times, he hasn't played at all.

Defensive improvement by Daniels and extra work on all facets of his game in recent weeks had Smart and his staff talking about giving Daniels more playing time. So the 6-4 guard with the shooter's mentality got a season-high 17 minutes and scored eight points against George Washington in the first round of the College Basketball Invitational.

He knows he's "got a long way to go, but I've learned a lot." He will continue to work in the offseason on his defense, ball-handling, driving ability and strength.

"The exciting thing about Troy is there's so much room for growth," Smart said. "He will have a very good career. I don't know exactly how many points he'll score or exactly how many minutes he'll play. But before he's done, he'll play a great deal of minutes and score a lot of points and will help us in other ways."

Troy certainly looks like the 2-guard of the future along with Rob Brandenberg once the current junior class graduates. Great pub and exposure for the Rams and Troy Daniels.

If you'll notice, at the bottom of the page, this article was written by a writer at the Times Dispatch

Nowhereman said:
If you'll notice, at the bottom of the page, this article was written by a writer at the Times Dispatch

Media exposure is media exposure...who cares who wrote it?

PS...thats usually how it happens...

Daniels is work in process...so far, so good. Can't wait to see him get more involved throughout his basketball career at VCU.

Daniels has been my jam this post-season. He hit one from deep last night. It was unnecessary, but you can overlook things like that when they go in. 8-)

Back