Recruiting Freddie Dilione

People are fed up and we haven’t even had one cycle of this to see how things will play out. That tells me as much about the people as it does about what’s going on. People aren’t patient and they make up their mind on things without even understanding what’s happening. This process is going to take several years or more to work it’s way out.
Personally, I'll wait and see, but there are a bunch of folks out there who may not. If the quality of the product on the court/field does not suffer too much it will help. If the discontinuity that open transfers and NIL may bring disrupts the quality of play they power brokers who have been about creating this may find they have lost a significant part of their audience.

Personally, I'll wait and see, but there are a bunch of folks out there who may not. If the quality of the product on the court/field does not suffer too much it will help. If the discontinuity that open transfers and NIL may bring disrupts the quality of play they power brokers who have been about creating this may find they have lost a significant part of their audience.
We got 2 guys from the portal that can play immediately this year that most people here seem to think will be major contributors this season. We lost one guy that a lot of people here were ready to see move on. Early returns from the system haven’t been awful. We may end up getting more transfers than recruits in the coming years and we may end up better off for it. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
We got 2 guys from the portal that can play immediately this year that most people here seem to think will be major contributors this season. We lost one guy that a lot of people here were ready to see move on. Early returns from the system haven’t been awful. We may end up getting more transfers than recruits in the coming years and we may end up better off for it. Only time will tell.
I have always enjoyed watching players grow in the program …I will miss that aspect…players will come and go and chase the money and immediate playing time.
I like the days when (although naive on my part) when the players loved VCU as much as I do
it won’t be long before the players will just be representing the schools but will not be required to go to classes….some of that going on now

I have always enjoyed watching players grow in the program …I will miss that aspect…players will come and go and chase the money and immediate playing time.
I like the days when (although naive on my part) when the players loved VCU as much as I do
it won’t be long before the players will just be representing the schools but will not be required to go to classes….some of that going on now
I don’t think there will ever be a day when VCU athletes don’t also go to classes.

Back