Getting other CAA Schools to do live internet broadcasts

Getting ready to move to Chicago for a job opportunity and won't be able to make it to the games this year. I know that we can watch all of the our home games by going to the vcurams.vcu.edu website which is nice for ram fans who may have moved out of richmond who still want to follow the Rams. I looked at all of our road opponents websites and Tulane was our only opponent who had a similar setup to our website where you can watch the games online.

Is there anyway that one of the guys who runs this website can get in touch with the other CAA schools and let them know what we are doing on our website? I wouldn't think that it would be that difficult to setup. My assumption is that all they would need is a couple of cameras set up like we have at the Stu and a couple of play-by-play guys. It would be great to follow our road games as well over the internet.

I know a few schools do live internet feeds. NU has gonu.tv which I believe has gone up in price from 4.95 to 8.95 per game.

redsoxn2004 said:
I know a few schools do live internet feeds. NU has gonu.tv which I believe has gone up in price from 4.95 to 8.95 per game.

Thanks for the info, it would be nice if the other CAA schools had a setup similar to ours where you could watch the games without charge.

Honestly it's hard to speak for other schools but I know GONU.TV is similar to the setup at the stu. However it's rare for a athletic program to be able to stream for free. Schools are CONSTANTLY looking for new revenue sources and streaming sports is going to be the next big revenue source for many schools.
It costs too much in man power to not at least get some compensation.

redsoxn2004 said:
Honestly it's hard to speak for other schools but I know GONU.TV is similar to the setup at the stu. However it's rare for a athletic program to be able to stream for free. Schools are CONSTANTLY looking for new revenue sources and streaming sports is going to be the next big revenue source for many schools.
It costs too much in man power to not at least get some compensation.

Yea, this is true. At least Ram fans who are no longer in Richmond will be able to watch VCU home games through the vcurams.vcu.edu website. I know that the caasports.com carries a broadband broadcast of the conference tournament as well for a certain amount, although the broadcast quality isn't of very good quality, or at least it wasn't last year.

I feel your pain. I'll be lucky to attend a couple of games this season - being almost 3,000 miles away. The live stream during home games was great last season. Hitting refresh every 10 seconds to get an update on ESPN.com during away games is very annoying. Hopefully other schools will join the modern era soon.

mrCAA said:
I feel your pain. I'll be lucky to attend a couple of games this season - being almost 3,000 miles away. The live stream during home games was great last season. Hitting refresh every 10 seconds to get an update on ESPN.com during away games is very annoying. Hopefully other schools will join the modern era soon.
You know ESPN.com has an auto refresh feature. Other than that I understand what you are saying. Hopefully our TV coverage will improve. Before I started reading the boards I didn't realize there were so many Rams fans spread out throughout the country.

VCU Finance 2008 said:
You know ESPN.com has an auto refresh feature. Other than that I understand what you are saying. Hopefully our TV coverage will improve. Before I started reading the boards I didn't realize there were so many Rams fans spread out throughout the country.

And yet here we are! I wish there were a way to get the word out more strongly to alumni ... any you peeps work over there at Advancement Services or Alumni Services? Ha..

MarcusNation said:
VCU Finance 2008 said:

And yet here we are! I wish there were a way to get the word out more strongly to alumni ... any you peeps work over there at Advancement Services or Alumni Services? Ha..
Rick travels the world following VCU Basketball. A VCU Ram Nation tattoo on his forehead could go a long way in getting the word out. Of course if someone in Alumni Services can help you out then your idea might be better.

Back